12:That funny feeling

I've always been bad when it comes to thunderstorms. This one is no different. The thing about this town is it barely ever storms. I guess that's the reason it so scary. You never know if it's gonna be a normal storm or a complete disaster.

I guess that could be an analogy for ones life? Like always be careful because you never know what could happen. At least that's how it was for my family.

Coming from a family of monsters we always had to watch our backs, we never knew when someone could hurt us, mentally or physically.

In school id get made fun of for being a human with monster parents, which is to be expected if you live in a place like Kryion. Where monsters have a chance of getting killed just for existing. And people like me get to live peacefully. Sometimes I've felt guilty for not being like my parents and siblings. Like I always got it easy and they've always suffered and I couldn't do anything about it. That's the way things have always worked. I personally think it's because monsters are just naturally more powerful than humans. They get their power from acting like they're better than everyone else and treating the people that aren't like them as if they're the scum of the earth.

And i was always asked questions because of it.

"Why are you human and not your parents?"
"I don't know"

"We're you adopted or something?"
"No"

"Are you worried that one day you or your parents will get hurt because you aren't normal like everyone else?"

First off, being human doesn't mean your normal. Our state of Normality varies between each person. Second, I do. All the time.

That was before it actually did happen and I was left all on my own. That's what I had to worry about next. Things are pretty calm now at the academy. Although I feel weird being at an academy for monsters while being human. Other than Matilda I'm the only other human here. But I guess it's nice to finally relate to someone. I still feel alone. God this is confusing. I thought I wanted to feel alone. I mean at the time I did but now... now it's just weird.

These are the kind of things I think about on rainy days. I contemplate my life and why it's going the way its going. It's a never ending cycle of confusion and stress. I guess I'll take a nap. And wait for the storm to be over with so I can take a walk and maybe find some people to walk with. Am I interested in making new friends though? What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm weird? I hate being stressed about this thing. What's the chance I'm gonna see someone anyways? It's not like anyone besides me would wanna go outside right after a thunderstorm...