15:Dinner

Knock knock knock

"Hey Matilda, your dad just got home. Do you wanna come down and see him?" Jezebel says calmly

"I can't right now, I'm too busy trying to figure out what to wear." I reply

"Well why didn't you just ask me to help you? I'd be more than happy to you know that!"

"Okay, come in here then."

"Oh wow. That's a lot of clothes." She sighs

"Yep, thanks dad I guess. I just don't know if he'd like any of the outfits I have picked out."

"Wear this one, it's casual but classy enough for seeing you dad for the first time after being away for so long."

"Good call, thanks Jeze!"

"You're welcome, now get ready, Alexandria is gonna be fine with dinner soon."

"Will do."

I finish getting ready (and mentally preparing) for dinner. Orion I could deal with, my dad on the other hand, well he was a whole different story.

I walk down to find everyone else at the table starting at me as I walk down. Our dinners have always gone like this, I'm always late, they always look like shit because they took no time at all.

I sit down and start to eat, it's quiet at first but then my dad starts the conversation I definitely didn't wanna have tonight.

"So, is everything going good at school, I've been worrying since, you know, it's full of monsters." He asks

Trying to hold back my anger I joke

"Geez Dad what do you think monsters even are?"

"Dangerous filthy disgusting creatures that have no place living in our society." He reply's

"That's not what they're like at all, you know if you actually spent time with them you'd realize-" he cuts me off

"Now Matilda, why would someone like me want to spend time with things like them? There's no reasonable answer to that."

"They're not things! They're people just like you,me,Orion, and all the other humans!"

"Woah, don't bring me into your "monster activist" bullshit!" Orion snaps

I stand

"It's not bullshit!"

"Language you two!" Dad yells

"Now,all I did was ask how you're doing at school,can you please calm down."

"Yes sir." We say while sitting down

"I'll ask again, Matilda dear, how has school been going."

"It's going."

"Do you have any friends? Although I'm highly against you making friends with those types of "people" I want you to feel accepted."

"I have a few."

"She has a boyfriend." Orion says with food still in his mouth

"First of all I don't, second of all don't talk with your mouth full!"

"Who's this person Orion is saying is your boyfriend." Dad asks

"Well he's a human, I don't know much about him, I've never even seen his face, nobody know why he hides it. I'm sure he's very handsome."

"Another human at a monster school! What are the odds. But why would a human go to a school like that? No offense to you of course dear."

"Honestly I have no idea, like I said I don't know much about him.The only one who'd know anything about him is Vivian considering they live right next to eachother. I'm not sure how close they are though."

"Who's Vivian?" Dad and Orion ask

"One of my friends, a vampire."

"Well at least she's a good type of monster, not like one of the weirder ones."

"What do you mean by weird?" I ask

"Well, cyclops,sea monsters, centaurs,those kind of monsters."

"I mean they're still monsters, unfit for society and meant to be killed, the fact that they're not uncommon doesn't excuse the fact that they're monstrosities." Orion chimes

"That's enough! Why do you guys hate monsters so much? I've always wanted to know that. What's so bad about them? What makes them so unbearable that you think gives you the right to kill them?"

"They're not normal Matilda! They're dangerous, hideous, they've tried to hurt us for decades! I just want you to be safe." He says while caressing my cheek

I slap his hand away.

"They're trying to hurt us? It seems like it's the other way around! You hunt and kill them for a living! You claim your helping people but your harming them more!" I snap

"You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just a kid! Now calm down and listen to me. I want-"

"No! I'm tired of feeling like the bad guy just because like somethibg you dont! You have no idea what the fuck your talking about so sit down, shut up, and listen to me for once in you damn lives!"

"I've spent time with them, I know what they're really like. I've been spoon fed horrible things about them from you my whole life. I came to the Creature Academy to see if you were right, you weren't.You've even taught Orion to believe everything you've said. You're a liar. You lie about monsters and you lie to everyone about being a good dad."

"You can't say that about your own father! I raised you!"

"You didn't raise me at all! Jezebel and Alexandria have been better parental figures than you ever were!"

"You are just a kid. You have no idea what you're talking about. No idea about the real world. Stop living in your little fantasy land."

"No dad. I'm not living in a fantasy. I'm finally making myself heard, and if you don't like that you can forget that you ever knew me at all."

I go up to my room and start to pack up my things, I was staying for Jeze and Orion but I can't stand being here after all of that.

"It's Jezebel, can I come in?"

"Yeah sure whatever"

"You're gonna be okay, I'm sure he'll come around once he realizes-"

"He's never going to though! He's always been like this, I don't expect him to change just because I got upset."

"Well, show him you're serious about this. Make it known that he won't have a part in your life unless he changes his mindset."

"He doesn't care about me that much."

"He does, trust me" she says while waking out.

I finish packing and cry myself to sleep that night. I don't know how I'm gonna face him tomorrow. But I guess I can just wait and see...