23: Dreamscape

Allistars POV

Well they're back. These stupid wings make it impossible to do anything. They're almost as annoying as that damn tv head.

"They are pretty though." I say to myself as I look in the mirror

Sigh. Maybe this is an opportunity. I don't know how to use magic yet. Why not learn?

Okay. Maybe I should sit on the floor. Okay. On the floor. How did I do the spell last time? Right. I held out my hands and mumbled something. I start saying random words and sounds. Right in front of me is a ball of light. I reach out to touch it and I suddenly start lifting off the ground. I look back to see my wings fluttering.

"Woah." I then fell on the floor.

Well that was definitely something. My wings didn't disappear like last time. They're brighter, like glowing. I stand to my feet. My wings, still glowing, start to rest. If I'm being completely honest, this doesn't suck too bad. It's actually very pleasant.

Something I've noticed with my being. I turn into my cross form (as I've cleverly named it.) when I'm feeling strong emotions. Whether I'm really happy, sad, angry,stressed,etc.The wings appear and my ears get longer. So to control when I turn, I need to keep my feelings in check. Which you think wouldn't be that hard but for someone who's spent their entire life bottling everything up inside, it is. Yesterday on the phone with Matilda was the first time I cried with someone knowing in years. You may think I'm this chill guy who's nonchalant about everything but that's only how I am on the outside. On the inside im a fucking mess.

Ugh. i flop on my bed. My wings begin to hug me. They're warm. They slowly turn dark as I fall Into a deep sleep.

Where am I? It looks like the garden, but somethings, off. It might be because I'm dreaming, but this doesn't seem normal.

"Allistar!" A voice calls out faintly. I turn to face a dark familiar figure. Vivian?

"Allistar, what's up with the wings?" she doesn't look like herself. She has black eyes and a disturbing smile

"Is that why you were crying? Because you're a freak now?"

This isn't Vivian. It's some creepy dream version of her.
"Sorry, I can't be friends with a freak."

"No, D-Dont leave."

It was too late, she had already withered away..

I dropped into a river. In the middle of it was a statue of me, scar and all, with tears flowing down the face of it. It was breathtaking. I walk to the statue and feel its tears, its... hot?

OUCH! The statue's face is burning. This is a nightmare. I run as fast as I can into a forest. It's dark. There's not a blink of sunlight through the trees. As I walk further and further past the forest I see a light. As I walk closer to it the trees and darkness start to dissipate. A bright, colorful light follows me and pushes me closer to wherever I am now.
I try to wake up but it's no use, I'm stuck in this dreamscape of mine until I'm not.

"What do you have next for me? Am i gonna have to relive some trauma next?"

My house suddenly appears in front of me. I guess I was right? But why am I here?

I walk closer towards it. This is a bad idea. I get to the front door and the whole house bursts into flames. Another figure stands behind me. "Hello" se says in a soft voice. I turn to face her.

"Ah, I thought that was you Allistar. Come, join me for some lunch." Was this still a dream?

We go inside a small, run down looking cottage.

"So, who are you?" I ask

"Im you. Well, you in an alternate timeline."

"You dont look like me?"

"That's because i'm what you would've been if you didn't get to your house when you did. See, believe it or not you arrived home at the perfect time that day."

"I did?"

"Yes! If you had arrived earlier you definitely wouldn't have been able to stop that guy from killing your parents. You would've died with them. And if you had arrived later than you did, your home would have been burned to the ground. In any other timeline than the one you are in currently, you wouldn't be Allistar. You wouldn't have the friends you have now. You wouldn't have discovered yourself or the fact that you are magical. Everything that has happened up to this point has shaped you into the person you are today. And will shape your experiences as you grow. I'm glad you were able to do something. Save your home and yourself and possibly your sister."

"You mean she's still out there?"

"There is a high possibility, yes."

"Thank you Amelia." I say with tears dripping down my face.

"You're welcome Allistar, Would you like to wake up?"

"Yes please." I say, starting to cry harder.

A bright light shines down on the cottage and everything inside. Then all I see is dark. I open my eyes. Someone is standing above me. It's Vivian. The real one this time.

'Are you okay Al?"

I reach up to hug her and start sobbing

"Woah, you've never hugged me before, what's up?"

"I-I'm just happy you're here." I wipe my tears and go to grab my mask. I quickly realize she just saw my face.

"Vivian."

"Hm?"

"You just saw me without my mask."

"Oh my god I am so so sorry you had not come out of your room for a long time and i was just worried about you and i didnt even think about the fact you wouldn't have your mask on-"

"Its fine, I'm just happy you didn't call me a freak."

"Why would I call you a freak? Especially when you look so cool?"

"You think I look cool?"

"Well duh. That's a wicked scar. It makes you look even cooler than you already are."
"You're not gonna ask me what happened?"

"No, of course not. That's a really invasive question."

"Wow, I thought your reaction would be a lot different than it was."

Why, what did you think would happen? Wait let me guess, you thought id be all in your face asking you questions?"

"Yep."

"Look, just because Im an extrovert that seems dumb doent mean I actually am dumb.:

"I never said you were dumb."

"Yeah, but it doesn't help when a lot of people think that I am. I'm sorry. This aint about me.

"Its okay, talk to me Vivian. I wont judge you."

"Don't say i didn't warn you. It's alot..."