21: More about Magic

Allistars POV

I walk Matilda to the Northeast building where her dorm is and head back to mine. I check my phone and see that I have missed calls and unanswered texts from vivian. Shit.

I get back to my room and there's Viv, standing right next to my door.

"Why didn't you answer me Allistar?" she says

Reminds me of when my mom would do the same thing when I was out at the library.

"I didn't have any service."

"Where were you where you didnt have service?"

"That's none of your business."

"It is when youre gone for the whole day and you aren't picking up. You could've been kidnapped or something!"

"I was with Mattii in a place without service. Simple as that."

"Okay now I'm curious. What did you guys do? Did you do a bunch of cute stuff that couples do because I could totally see that happening."

"We just hung out, nothing more nothing less."

"Something tells me you're lying."

"Like I said, it's none of your business."

I go into my room and slam the door. I don't want to deal with anyone right now. I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me.

I try to do more research on fairies, still to no avail. Maybe i'll be able to find something about magic.

There's an article.

Magic users and magical beings, such as fairies, witches, and other beings, were very prominent in the 1950's. Magic is a lot less prevalent nowadays due to there being a large decrease in users. Around 1 in 10,000 of monsters and variants are magical. There are different types of magical beings and magical variants. There are fairies, witches, fairy variants, witch variants, human witches, cross witch/fairy variants, and the most rare, human cross variants. Fairies always have showing wings, they harness their magic from them. Witches do not have wings, they harness their magic from their hands, they cast spells using a multitude of different combinations. Fairy variants have the option to show their wings or keep them hidden, they still harness their magic from their wings. Witch variants can not harness magic from their hands, they make spell jars and use them with the same combinations that witches use. Human witches are not born with magic, they learn how to cast spells in different ways, they are simply humans that have adapted to learn magic. Cross witch/fairies and variants have both magic from wings and magic from spells. Human cross variants are the most rare type of magical beings. They are both a fairy and a witch, but always give the appearance of a normal human until they use their magic. Most cross-human variants don't realize they can do magic until their mid teens or early adulthood, making them the most powerful,yet the weakest due to them not knowing how to harness their magic.

Many magical beings have remained hidden since the 1970's due to people trying to hunt down and kill them.They began to be seen as a great threat to humans due to them being some of the most powerful beings in Kryion. No magic user has been spotted in over 50 years. Most modern magic users are unaware they are magical due to the fact that magic has not been known since around the 1980's. Magic has not been taught in modern schooling. Some feel it is not important to know, others disagree.

Nevertheless, magic does exist in the modern world. You are able to find books on the topic,although most journals writing about the subject are not on shelves in modern libraries.

So, reading this I'm most likely a Human Cross-Variant. I have wings, I can cast spells with my hands, I'm able to keep all of that hidden, and I'm just now learning how to use my magic.This is very shocking to be honest. I mean, it would be the same for anyone else in my position. Finding out you have magical powers that you have no idea now to use is kinda scary. Exciting,but very scary. I wonder if Aaron and Azalea are magical beings too. I know that they are variants, but we were never able to figure out what kind, they were an unknown species. I know that there's a chance that wont be like me but that's not very likely to be the case . I want to tell someone but the only person who knows about my powers is matilda. So I decide to call her.

"Hey Allistar, whats up?"

"So I was able to find an article about magic and stuff."

"Thats great! Did you find out anything useful?"

"Yes actually. Based on the information in the article I found out i am a Cross-Human Variant. Its alot to explain so ill just send you the article. Tell me when you finish reading it okay."

"Will do. B-Bye."

"Bye."

Now all there is to do is wait for her to finish reading. I'm surprised she doesn't think I'm a total freak already. I'm actually surprised she didn't think I was a freak when she first met me. But what can you expect going to a school with a bunch of monsters.

Matildas POV

Wow, this article is very fascinating. Who new people like this existed, especially in Kryion. I'm personally surprised they were able to get the information for this article in the first place. Maybe the person who wrote it is a magical being themselves. It is very likely. I mean why else would someone write an article like this? I should call him back.

"So I finished reading the article and I got to thinking, what if a magical being is the one who wrote this?"

"That's definitely a possibility."

"See! I told you there were others! Bet you don't feel like a weirdo now huh?"

"I guess its not bad, especially since I'm able to hide it. Some people don't get that choice."

"So, do you plan on telling Vivian?"

"I don't know, I mean it's not like she'd think less of me. She'd just get way too excited, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that."

"Yeah shed definitely do that. But is that the only reason you don't want to tell her?"

"I'm not prepared to answer everyone's questions. I mean I just found out that i'm some crazy magical witch-thing. I don't even know what I'm doing so obviously I'm not the most qualified person to ask all your questions to. And maybe I am worried people will think less of me. I mean i've spent my whole life wondering why I was different and now I know why. It's all so much and I-I dont think I can handle it." He starts to burst into tears.

"Hey, Al it's okay. You're gonna be okay."