Sixteen

You'll be introduced to a crazy side of Allie in this one...

I honestly don't know if you'll like it or hate it.

-

"I know this one." George tried to convince me, squinting his eyes at me while I smiled with amusement as I spun a pen around my fingers. Not many people at Hogwarts use pens but I actually prefer them to quills, it's just much easier.

Unless I have to use magic ink for something, then I use my quill. And in class too. We aren't allowed to use pens and pencils in class.

George had asked me to tutor him so we sat in the study hall, whispering to each other when Snape was as far away from us as possible. He'd get mad if he caught us talking. Study time equals quiet time.

"An Inferius is dead, right?" He asked and tilted his head. I hummed and bit the end of my pen while nodding at him. "A corpse that's reanimated by a Dark Wizard."

I knew he could do it. Somehow he's got himself convinced that he's dumb and doesn't know half of what he's doing but I knew that wasn't the case. He's smart once you get to know him. It's hard for him to show, though. I think he's a little insecure about his skills. That's something he doesn't show either.

"They are also rumoured to be used by the the different National Quidditch teams in order to scare the opponents."

"They— is that even legal?"

"Don't think it is." I shrugged. "But then again, I don't think they care either."

George propped one elbow up on the table and rested his chin in his hand.

"Did you just make that up?" He asked. I pressed my lips together, shrugging before I laughed. George chuckled and shook his head at me. "How about you tell me something about them that is in fact... true."

Time to get my knowledge out.

Defence Against the Dark Arts were kinda my specialty. It's my favourite subject along with Muggle Studies. It's interesting, I think. Learning how Muggles live.

"Alright." I smiled. "Let me tell you a story. So— back in eighteen-ninety-nine, the Dark Wizars Gellert Grindelwald wanted to create an entire army of Inferius'. He thought the resurrection stone could give him that sort of powers. No one knows if he ever succeeded but later it was proven that his theory of what the stone could do, was in fact false."

George was looking at my eyes while I was speaking. It was something I noticed that he did. He was very keen on eye contact when I was speaking. It was extremely respectful and also very attractive at the same time.

His eyes were hazel. I always thought they were brown, but after we've spend more time together lately and that's made me see details of him clearer.

"You've got an eyelash on your cheekbone." He said softly. "Right here."

He tapped a spot under his eye and I quickly brushed my hand over my skin to try and brush it away.

"Is it gone?"

"No— uh..."

He reached forward with his hand but hesitated as he looked me in the eyes.

"Can I?"

I nodded slowly and I felt his thumb brush over my cheekbone slowly.

"There." He smiled softly and retrieved his hand. We kept eye contact though. There was something about him. He was interesting. Maybe it was because he was kind in a way I wasn't used to from any other than my friends and my family.