Ninety-three

Allie

I laid in my bed, looking at Nikita who was in her cage, eating of her food while Samson was sleeping next to me.

George had gone to get some of his things and some of mine too, in the meantime telling everyone that we were gonna stay here for a few days.

Entering my house was difficult. Dad was at work but Rose was home and she was in the middle of redecorating the house to fit her own style. I caught her trying to throw out some of my mum's stuff so I told her to put all my mum's things in William's room and not throw them out.

Otherwise I'd tell my dad and I know he'd be on my side instead of his fiancé's.

Pansy was home too and she had Malfoy and Zabini staying here for the rest of the summer, though I ignored the after flipping them off when they were judging me with their eyes.

Rose even went as far as telling me Samson is a weird dog for wanting to sleep in my room all the time when I'm not there.

He has his own room but choose to sleep in mine?

Maybe that's because he hates Rose and her annoying daughter. So now I was scratching Samson's back while he was sleeping on my bed.

"Allie?!" My dad's voice echoed through the hallway shortly before a knock sounded at my door, and then it opened, revealing him. "What're you doing here, munchkin?"

"Don't call me that ridiculous name." I said with a roll off my eyes as I moved back to lean against the headboard.

Samson lifted his head to look towards my father before he stood up and circled himself, then laid back down.

"Did you get the closure you need?" My dad asked and stepped into the room. "The funeral was today, right?"

I hummed.

"Why aren't you with your mother?"

"I need to be here right now." I shrugged, wrapping my arms around myself. "There're too many people there. George will be here soon. He agreed to stay here with me."

"Okay." Dad sighed. "Well... I'll call you both for dinner then."

He turned around and grabbed the handle on his way out, though he froze when he heard my voice.

"When did Claire die?"

I looked at my father, seeing him slowly turn around to look at me. His eyes were wide, his lips slightly parted.

He didn't know that I knew.

"Claire?"

"You had an affair, didn't you?" I asked. "Rose is the second time, right? Or the third? Maybe the fourth? Or have you done that more times than one can count?"

"Allie—"

"When did she die?!" I raised my voice. "Because I swear to Merlin, dad... if she died while your two other children were underage and you didn't claim them... if you let them go to some orphanage or to some other family when they could be with their father... that would make you a terrible person. Not just a person who makes terrible choices, but you would literally be a terrible person."

My dad sighed and looked at me for a moment before she walked over and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"I know I have done some things to disappoint you. Some things that broke our family but—"

"There shouldn't be a but." I shook my head. "You're right. You did disappoint. I've always known that you were more rough around the edges, that you were the strict parent but I genuinely thought you cared about us."

"Don't say that." He frowned. "I'm your father. Nothing is more important to me than my—"

"Children?" I raised my eyebrows. "You've got six of those and two of them you simply left behind. Grayson is nineteen and Carrington is seventeen. Mum said Claire died a few years ago. A few is two, meaning that Carrington wouldn't have been of age yet. She would've got to an orphanage."

Another sigh.

"It wasn't just a few years ago." He said. "It was four and you're right. They did go to an orphanage because I said I didn't want them."

He's really putting his cards on the table.

"But it's not something I don't regret, Allie." He told me. "I was a coward. Am a coward. I was in love with Claire just like I'm in love with your mother."

I scoffed, causing him to look at me.

"So you're just in love with three different women?" I asked. "Mum? This Claire person who's dead? ... and Rose?"

"It's complicated, Allie—"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked. "You can't have both Rose and mum. The world doesn't work like that! You get to have one at a time and you don't cheat because cheating hurts people and it breaks things. You simply couldn't look past your own ego and your own fucking needs. Funny how I'm seventeen, yet I'm more mature than you when it comes to relationships."

I had no idea where all of that came from. I had always been too scared to stand up to my dad but now it was done and I couldn't take it back.

"You don't talk to me like that." He said sternly. "I am still your father. What happened between your mother and I does not concern you."

"Oh really?" I let out a laugh. "Nothing concerns me, right? When you cheat on mum, that doesn't concern me. When you've spend majority of your sons life being a fucking homophobe, that doesn't concern me. When you try and decide our futures, that doesn't concern me and when two of your secret children show up out of nowhere, that doesn't fucking concern me either, does it? Because in your eyes, I'm still just a fucking child who needs to be seen and not heard... isn't that right, father?"

My dad stood up and brushed his hands together while turning to me.

"I'm gonna leave you alone. You're hurt. You just lost your friend—"

"Oh my fucking god!" I exclaimed, running my hands into my hair. "This has nothing to do with Cedric! Don't even try and do that. Don't use my friends death against me. This is about you and it's about the person you are. I've always been too fucking scared to up to you, and I actually thought you were a good person deep inside when you tried to get past the homophobia so your son could feel loved. Then I find out that you abandoned two of your children who fucking needed you because their mum just died!"

"Why are you acting like this?" He asked me. "You don't even know them."

"No, but I'm a fucking decent person!" I yelled. "If I had been in their place, I would break completely if my father said he didn't want me. If you said those words to me, it would completely shatter me."

Silence.

"I didn't raise you to be this ungrateful." He then proceeded to say. "I didn't raise my daughter to—"

"This is exactly why we've always been scared to stand up for ourselves!" I exclaimed. "You always do this! You throw in our faces what you've given us and I get that we've all been privileged growing up but we still have the right to stand up for ourselves when we are being bullied by our dad. That's what you are dad... you're a fucking bully. You live life on your own terms and you don't let anyone have an opinion. You never let us have a choice as to who we want to be and I thought that was bad, but you fucking told two of your kids that you don't want them."

My dad inhaled sharply before shaking his head.

"I want you out of this house before the week ends."

-
I was writing and then I slowly realised that what I was writing was basically a fight I've had with my own mum.

Then I just build on that. My mum has never kicked me out. I'm the one who decided to move.

I'm actually waiting for an available apartment so I can move.

Wish me luck...