Forty-six

I barged into the Gryffindor common room after I had threatened Seamus to let me in. The Gryffindor students watched me in my Ravenclaw robes as I rushed up the stairs to the boys dormitory and barged into the room that my brother shared with the twins, Lee and Towler.

"Jesus!" Towler gasped, jumping as he had been standing near the door. George had been napping and unfortunately I woke him up.

Fred and Lee weren't here but William was standing by his books on his nightstand.

"Allie?" George's raspy voice hit my ear as he sat up.

"How did it go with dad?" William asked, causing George to wake up even more. "Was he as big of an asshole as always?"

"Where's the letter?" I asked. My brother didn't say anything. He simply looked at me with a questioning look. "Please tell me you did not lie to me to turn me against dad."

"What?" He frowned. "You— you sound like you're defending him."

"I'm not—"

"What did he say?" Will cut me off. "How did he manipulate you into hating me like he tried to do with mum?"

I folded my arms over my chest as I stared at him.

"I'm gonna go." Towler spoke. "This is way too awkward."

"Then go!" I snapped as I looked at him. "There's no need for announcing it."

He scoffed.

"Don't be a fucking bitch." He said, causing George to immediately stand up but Towler had already left and closed the door behind him.

"There is no letter, is there?" I asked William. "It was all just a lie, wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?" He frowned as he walked over to his dresser, opening the first drawer as he started looking through his clothes. "I've got it right here."

He pulled out an envelope and I immediately walked over to grab it from him. I pulled out the folded piece of parchment and unfolded it to read it.

The letter was exactly like William had explained it to me. Really homophobic. There was just one thing — it wasn't my dad's hand writing.

"I'm going to kill him." I said in a whisper. "I am actually going to kill him."

"I told you he was—"

"I'm not talking about dad!" I snapped and looked up at William. "This isn't dads handwriting. How can you not see that?"

"How am I supposed to know what dad's handwriting looks like?"

I sighed deeply. I was shaking from how angry I was. I hadn't felt like this in a long time. Not this strongly.

"It's Cameron." I said through gritted teeth. "It's Cameron's handwriting."

William sighed and grabbed the letter from my hands, tearing it up before he walked over and threw it in the bin — then he left the room, slamming the door.

I looked at George. He was standing up, leaned back against the poster of his bed, his hands shoved into the pockets of his trousers.

"Are you okay?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "Do you need a hug?"

I nodded and he opened his arms for me as I walked over and wrapped my arms around his neck, nuzzling my face into his chest. He tightened his arms around my shoulders and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

He brushed his right hand through my hair in a calming motion.

"I'be had enough of him." I said. "I don't care that he's trying to mess with my life but messing with the bond between William and our dad. I'm gonna be very clear with him when he gets back to school next month."

I pulled out of the hug and stepped over to the bed before I sat down. George turned around, following me with his eyes as he reached up to grab the frame of the bed while staring down at me.

"I guess it wasn't exactly an ideal start to your birthday."

"It was— I mean I can still have a nice birthday. My dad and the thing with the letter just gave it a messy start. But uh— I got the opportunity to tell my dad about you."

"Oh really?" He asked, folding his arms over his chest as he leaned his shoulder against the poster. "What did he say?"

I shrugged.

"That as long as you treat me like a princess, he don't mind." I chuckled softly. "I told him that you treat me right and that we love each other."

I looked up at George and smiled when I saw the way he was already staring at me.

"He wants to meet you." I said. "Told me to bring you home sometime during the summer."

"Okay—" George hesitated, pushing himself off the poster. He leaned down and placed a hand on either side of my body, pressing a kiss to my lips. "... is that something you want? Introducing me to your dad?"

He kept leaned towards me, making me laugh softly until I was in my back. He pressed another kiss to my lips before he moved down and laid between my legs with his head resting on my boobs.

My hands automatically found his hair while I wrapped my legs around his body. I loved cuddling him like this.

"The thought makes me nervous, but yeah." I said. "And if my dad liked Cameron— he'll absolutely love you."

I ran my fingers through his hair, down to his neck and repeated my action over and over again.

"You've got something hard in your pocket." George whispered against me.

"Yeah." I breathed. "That's just my boner."

George let out a loud laugh as he lifted his head to look at me. I grinned at him, reaching into my pocket to pull out the gift from my dad.

"It's just something from my dad." I told him. "I haven't opened it yet."

I held it into the air above me, looking at it as I turned it around in my hands. Then I started opening it, peeling off the gift wrapper.

"It's probably jewellery." I muttered. I got rid of the gift wrapper and now looked at a dark blue velvet box.

I opened it, revealing just that. Jewellery. It was a silver ring with a white stone in it and it had a note attached to it.

If it turns black, it means that someone near you is lying.

- dad

I pulled the ring out of the box and put it down on the bed while holding up the ring to get a proper look at it.

"It's pretty." I said, showing it to George. "Don't you think?"

"It is." He agreed as I slid the ring onto my index finger.

Time to test it out.

"George?" I asked as he laid his head back down on my boobs, nuzzling into them as he got comfortable.

"Yes, angel?"

"Tell me a lie."

"A lie?"

"Yes. Anything that I know is a lie." I said. "Say your name is Fred. Say you hate me. I don't know. Anything."

He took a deep breath and I saw him close his eyes as a smile found its way onto his lips.

"I hate you." He breathed. I looked at my hand, watching the white stone as it slowly turned black. I smiled and then ran my hands into his hair.

"I love you too." I whispered, tugging at it. George hummed against me and I noticed how his smile grew.

"That hurt to say." He whispered. "I could never hate you."