Chapter 12

The sound of lightsabers clashing came to an abrupt halt as the Helena and Aria distanced themselves from one another. The two jedi stood opposed from across the training mat. They inhaled deep breaths, studying each other carefully. Aria with intense purple irises that took in her master's stance, trying to anticipate which move she would make next. Helena, with a calm and collected gaze. She held her lightsaber in her right hand angling it down towards the ground in front of her.

"Ready for another round master, or is your old age finally starting to catch up with you?" Helen chuckled at her padawans words.

The pair began to circle one another, their lightsabers posed in their signature attack positions ready to strike at a moment's notice.

"Careful there young one, you're starting to sound like me." Helena spun her blade around in her hand before she brought it crashing back down upon Arias blade.

The pair danced around one another, catching each other's strikes and parrying them for what felt like hours. Despite the amount of energy they used while dulling, neither of them felt tired. It was as if they were feeding off each other's energy through the force. Using the presence of one another to push forward and keep fighting. 

Their connection through the force only grew stronger as they continued. Their bond deepening each time their blades struck. The world around them seemed to fade away for Aria, her sole focus remaining on the fight ahead of her as they duelled back and forth across the training mat. The young Valkyrie fought brilliantly, earning her master's respect as their blades struck once more.

They held their position for a moment, each pushing against one another's blade while maintaining eye contact. The sudden sound of Helena's commlink sounding off is what through Aria off guard in the end. It allowed the jedi master to knock her padawans blade out of her hand, through the air, and for the Mandalorian to catch it behind her back. All in one swift motion. Aria stared at her in shock not knowing what to say. She bowed her head in respect as her master sheathed both blades.

"Remember young one, always be mindful of your surroundings. Do not allow yourself to become so absorbed in the force that you dull the rest of your senses." She sent a wink her way before allowing the incoming transmission to come through.

"General Vorn, the ship you requested is waiting for you in the main hangar of the temple." Captain Rex spoke firmly.

"Thank you, captain. We'll be there momentarily." He nodded his head before ending the transmission.

Aria stared at her master curiously as a smile came over her face.

"Come along Aria, I have a little something I would like to show you."

******

After navigating their way through the hallways of the jedi temple, the pair came to stand in the hangar. The sight of an all too familiar captain greeted them as the sound of ships docking, and repairs being made echoed out around them.

"But I don't understand master. Why are we here again?" Aria sighed in mild frustration.