Chapter 3

Cold, so cold. Colder than I had ever felt. Cold and encased in darkness. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't open my eyes. I tried to call out, scared that I could not make a sound or move a muscle. It was as if I was paralysed everywhere but my mind. My entire body felt as If it were shut off. I tried to calm myself but to no success. 

I reached out in the force, hoping that someone nearby could possibly come to my aid and save me from the darkness that surrounded me. I could faintly hear something. Some form of sound. Voices maybe? For some reason it was too hard to distinguish. I struggled to open my eyes. It felt as if I were stuck between being asleep and awake. 

No matter how hard I tried I could not stay in one or the other. Suddenly, images began to form under my eye lids. Almost as if I were dreaming. I could hear everything that was going on in the image despite still feeling as if I were buried somewhere. I could see a cave almost, the faint sound of ice cracking coming from somewhere nearby. The cave was filled with the faint glow of kyber crystals. Ilum! Wherever this is it must be on Ilum. 

The last place I went to with my master before... Before I died? Was I dead? The cold feeling surrounding my body led me to believe that this could be the only logical explanation. Yet, the ability for me to have had these visions and see these images strongly told me to believe otherwise. I could hear voices of people approaching. A faint green and purple light shimmered against the frozen walls. 

"Certain this is where you saw it, are you?" A voice seemed to say. 

"Yes, master Yoda, without a doubt." Two shadowed figures finally became visible. 

One holding a green lightsaber and the other a purple lightsaber. Jedi? How did they know to come and find us? Maybe my master had sent out some distress signal before... I couldn't bring myself to think about my master's fate. Perhaps they had found her. The fact that I did not see her with them did not give me much hope. I became confused, remembering what had happened before I had fallen into complete darkness. I did not see a pool of frozen water anywhere. Perhaps they had felt me reaching out into the force. 

"Difficult to see them it will be. Use the force we must." The taller Jedi gave a nod to the shorter one before both of them sat down. 

I sensed them reaching out in the force, searching for something. Or perhaps someone? Could they be searching for me? So many questions ran through my mind as the Jedi began to stand, raising both of their hands in sync. They began to pull at something, causing the cave to rumble as the frozen ground was torn. A solid piece of frozen ice emerged from the ground. If I could have gasped in shock I would have. 

Lying in the frozen ice was my body. The Jedi brought my body forward and ignited their lightsaber. For a moment I thought they would attack my frozen form. They used their sabers merely as a source of light to examine my frozen form. 

"A Mandalorian?" The taller one spoke with such confusion. 

"Dressed in Jedi robes she appears to be. Mandalorian armour it appears she also has. Confusing this is." They both began to lift me down the frozen tunnel that led out of the cave. 

"The Mandalorians have not allowed us to train their people for years. Could this girl be from the Mandalorian Wars master?" I followed them as they walked. 

I couldn't understand how I was able to see what was going on. It felt like an out of body experience that my mother had told as a bedtime story when I was a child. My mother. I could still remember her scream after.... And my father, the look on his face after it happened. 

"Unclear this ones past is. Showed you what, your vision did?" They made a turn into another tunnel where more light seemed to stream through. 

"I saw a time long past. During the Jedi civil war, I believe. There was this girl and her master. They were running from the darkside but the rest was unclear. There was something about this one. Something about her aura that drew me to her. I could feel how strong the force was with her." He took a pause, looking over at my unconscious form. 

"Master... The prophecy about the chosen one, could this be the child? Her presence in the force... it was unlike anything I had ever felt before." There it was again. 

The chosen one. The icy cold voice had spoken about it when I had gone to that strange place not that long ago. I did not understand what it meant. However, this was the second time that I had heard it which means this was no coincidence. 

"Unclear it is. Strong with the force this one is. Certain that much is. Bring her to coruscant we must." The taller one nodded. 

They walked out of a frozen entrance towards a ship. This ship, though it was small, was unlike any ship I had ever seen. It looked very advanced compared to what I had flown with my master when we had arrived. Come to think of it, I could not see our ship anywhere. 

Perhaps the Sith had destroyed it when he had arrived? My questions only seemed to grow in numbers as this cold feeling consumed my body. As the Jedi put my frozen form on the ship, the image before me began to darken. I tried to speak out before the darkness overtook me but with no success. I once again submerged into darkness. 

Edited September 20th, 2020