Chapter 5

"If she does wake up, inform the council immediately." I could hear footsteps start to walk further away from wherever I was. 

"Yes master of course." 

"Not to worry master Windu, my padawan will keep her safe." I could hear a door opening then closing just as quickly. 

The cold feeling, I felt before was not fully gone but nowhere near as bad as it had been. My eyes felt so light. Lighter than they had felt in a long time. I was hesitant to open them. I knew that I shouldn't be scared to open them as it was not the Jedi way to be fearful, yet something made me hesitant to do so. Perhaps it was that I knew I was in a foreign environment and had no idea what new scene would await me as soon as I opened my eyes. I felt as if some kind of weight had been lifted from my shoulders, but at the same time as if a new one had been placed upon them. 

Finally coming to a decision to open them, I took a deep breath before exposing my eyes to a bright ceiling light above my head. I cautiously blinked a few times before fully keeping my eyes open, examining my surroundings. I began to sit up, rubbing my temples as a mild headache began to form. I could hear someone shuffling to my left. I looked over to see a boy dressed in Jedi robes. I blinked taking in his appearance. 

"Hello there." He came towards me, standing by the edge of the bed. 

He looked relatively close to my age with short, light brown hair and a braid running down the right side of his head. I could tell he was far taller than me even from laying down but then again, I had always been on the short side. I studied his eyes; they were a sky blue and seemed to be analysing my every move just as my forest green ones did with him. 

"Hello." I said shyly, still taking in his features. 

"Here, the medical droid said you should take this when you woke up." He handed me what looked like a glass of water. 

I took it from his hands cautiously. I examined the clear liquid, turning the glass to see if there was anything in it. I looked up at the boy to my left. 

"What is it?" He gave a small laugh. 

"Just water. I assure you it's safe I poured it myself." I studied him for a moment, sensing his aura to see if there was any danger. 

Finding none I took a cautious sip before drinking the contents of the tall glass completely. 

"Thank you." I spoke in a quiet tone, still feeling very hesitant around this boy. 

"You're welcome. I hope you don't mind my asking but what is your name? I have to report to the council that you are awake but would much rather tell them your name then call you the frozen girl." The boy inquired with a warm smile on his face. 

I stared up at him too afraid to speak. To what council was he referring? I still had no idea who these people were and what their intentions might be. Even if I did not sense any present danger there could still be some lurking around the corner. Living on the run for so long had taught me to be cautious with whom I trusted. 

"If I tell you mine will you tell me yours?" I studied his face trying to find a sign that would indicate if I shouldn't trust him. 

He chuckled before answering me. 

"If that will make you feel more at ease then yes, I will tell you my name. Only after you've told me yours." He took the glass away from me, setting it on the counter by the many screens and monitors that surrounded the room. 

 He turned around again to face me. He then pulled up a chair and sat down on my left. 

 "Right, go ahead then. I'm all ears." I sat up a little bit more on the bed.