Chapter 1

Sirens kept going off all around me as I ran down the tunnel. The events of a few minutes ago replaying in my mind. I could hear the sound of her lightsaber igniting. 

"Master is it them?" I took my own lightsaber from my belt, igniting it to see as I ran down the frozen dark tunnel. "How did they find us?" 

I kept running as fast as my legs would carry me. 

"They must have put a tracker on the ship. I'm afraid there is no way out of this one my apprentice." My master and I stopped, making eye contact before turning to look behind us. 

I could sense a sudden cold feeling. I knew that she could sense it too. Not the cold of the planet that surrounded us. This feeling came from the presence of someone full of hate. 

"Oh, my dear, of course there's a way out. There is always a way out." The figure removed its dark hood revealing its smirking pale face. Its red eyes staring directly at my master. "Although, I'm afraid the only way out for you will be through your death." The Sith ignited their lightsaber. 

"Helena." My master ignited her lightsaber. "Run!" 

I looked to my master in confusion. 

"No master, I'm not leaving you." She quickly glanced my way. 

"Don't you understand! You must go! You must run! You must preserve the Jedi order!" She sighed, looking towards her opponent. "I've done all I can to teach you my young apprentice. From here you must walk your own path. Mine I'm afraid is reaching its end." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, trying not to be so emotional as to not cloud my judgement but failing. 

"Thank you master Tarrepp, for everything. I won't let you down." I turned away from her, running as fast as I could down the hall. 

The sounds of lightsabers clashing coming from behind me. I kept running with no set destination in mind. Mindlessly trying to find either a place to hide or a way to escape. I turned corner after corner. Mindlessly thinking about the words my master had left me with. I must preserve the Jedi order, the Sith have already killed so many Jedi, making us almost extinct. My mind started to wonder, thinking about how for all of my life I have been on the run. Either from the Mandalorians or from the Sith. 

I was born during the sixteen years war between my people and the Galactic Republic. After being identified as a force sensitive child, my people had turned their backs on me, calling me and outcast and a traitor. My own family had tried to kill me after seeing my capability to use the force. Had it not been for master Tarrepp, who found me scavenging for food on my own, I would not have survived. I was four years old when she took me as her apprentice and began to train me in the ways of the force. Just when things had started to get better, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak had turned to the dark side, rekindling the Sith Empire and starting the Jedi Civil War.

I quickly stopped in my tracks, the ice path before me having broken off. Leaving nothing but a drop into the icy cold water below. This was it. There was no way out for me, I knew that now. I could no longer sense my master's presence. I could feel the Sith approaching behind me. Tears ran down my cheeks. I felt grief and anger from the loss of my master. We had been so close to finally losing them. We were going to continue my Jedi training on Ilum. 

"It's over for you now young Jedi. There are only two options that now remain. Join the darkside, I sense how strong the force is with you. I sense the anger within you. Oh, the glorious things you could accomplish in the Sith Empire." I stood, turning to face the Sith lord.