Chapter 11

After stopping our speeders at the edge of the city entrance, we hid them behind a few buildings. We began to sneak our way carefully through the city streets, cautious as to not alert the battle droids to our presence. We passed by two prison camps kept close together. A baby could be heard crying, its voice echoing around them as they made their way quietly past. 

"Hey, keep that thing quiet!" One of the droids yelled to the mother of the child, pointing a gun at her head. 

I sighed, a disapproving look resting on my face. I silently hoped that the queen had pleaded her case to the senate by now. While her people were strong, I doubted they could take much more of the droids treatment. I could tell it was difficult for the guards to see their people in the prison camps. It was evident just how much not being able to help was bothering them by the look of frustration on their faces. They managed to remain focused on the task at hand, however.

We had reached our first check point just outside the entrance of the path that lead to the armoury. We paused while observing the battle droids. Just as our scouts had reported back, there were the two groups of four droids on either side of the path, stopping anyone from making a quick entrance. I turned to my group, making sure their attention was on me. 

"Alright you lot, this is where the fun begins. You know what to do, and remember, watch your six." With a nod from myself, we began our attack on the droids. 

Four of the guards took the droids on the right while myself and three other guards took the group on the left.

"Hey stop right there! You're not authorised to be out here." The droid held out one of its robotic hands at us. 

I ignited my lightsaber signalling for the guards with me to begin attacking the droids. I sliced through one of the droids before swinging my lightsaber in my hand so that the blade faced my body more. I deflected a blast right back at a droid sending it to the ground. 

"Wait please! Not the face!" One of the droids pleaded as one of the guards shot it down, reducing it to scrap metal. 

Seeing all of the droids had been successfully taken down by the other group, I reached for my commlink on my belt. 

"First wave is down; the pathway is clear. Bring the speeders around for pick-up." I signaled for the guards to follow me to the entrance of the armory. 

"Copy that Helena." I quickly checked over the guards to make sure that none of them had sustained any injuries. 

Finding none put my sense at ease as we reached the entrance to the armoury.

The droids however, quickly became aware of our presence. 

"Blast them!" We immediately charged the droids. 

I deflected a few of their shots back at them as we ran, knocking two of them to the ground. I force jumped to the group of droids. Bringing down my lightsaber as I landed, and slicing a droid in the process. I heard one of the men yell out and quickly turned in their direction. One of the droids had shot their blaster out of their hands. 

"Oi!" He turned in my direction while I took the blaster from my hip. "Catch!" I tossed him the blaster which he easily caught with his other hand. 

I sliced two other droids by spinning around with my lightsaber to the right while the group of guards took down the rest with their blasters. With no more droids left, we could finally focus on getting the weapons out of the armoury.

"You two stand guard, let us know if any more droids show up and when the speeders arrive." I shouted out to the two guards before running inside the armoury with the rest of the guards.