Chapter 6

"Ah, Obi-Wan. I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten lost." A man with long brown hair wearing Jedi robes approached us. 

"Apologies master, it was a lot for Helena to take in." I bowed my head towards the Jedi master. 

"Greetings Padawan Vorn, I am Master Qui-Gon Jinn. You will be meeting with the council momentarily. We will do the best we can to answer any questions you may have as I assume there will be many." I could already tell that master Qui-Gon was a very nice man and knew that I would get along with him well. 

 "Thank you master Qui-Gon. Your padawan was very kind in answering the many questions I had as soon as I woke up." Realising I was still wearing Obi-Wans cloak I began to take it off. "You'll probably be wanting this back. It definitely suits you better than me." I handed it back to him with a smile. 

He chuckled while taking the cloak. 

"I'm not so sure about that. Looked like a perfect fit to me." I could hear the sound of children's laughter coming from behind the Jedi master. 

I looked past him to see the source of the noise and found a group of younglings walking down the hallway with a Jedi master. The sight of those younglings walking with smiles on their faces and sabres at their hips amazed me. 

It made me think back to when news had reached us that the Jedi temple had been destroyed. The number of younglings that were killed that day... just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. Although we as Jedi were not meant to feel such things it had still left me devastated to know that such young lives had been needlessly taken. 

"Are you alright Padawan Vorn?" I looked over at him, trying to shake away the sadness I had felt. 

"Yes, Master Qui-Gon. It's just incredible to see so many Jedi. Especially so many younglings. Before I was frozen on Ilum so many of us were killed that few of the jedi remained dispersed throughout that galaxy." Master Qui-Gons eyes widen slightly in surprise. 

 I could hear the sound of a door opening from behind the Jedi master. We all looked to see what appeared to be another Jedi master approaching us. 

"Padawan Vorn, the council will see you now." I took a deep breath before following the Jedi through the open doorway. 

I tried the best I could to keep myself calm and not be nervous as there was no reason to be. I stepped into the room carefully. It was a circular shaped room surrounded by windows that overlooked the city. Jedi masters sat in chairs around the circle at the center of the room, some in holographic form and others as themselves. I placed myself in the center of the circle with my hands behind my back. A smaller green Jedi spoke first. 

"Greetings padawan. Glad to see you awake, we are." I bowed my head towards the master respectfully. 

"Thank you master. I cannot thank you enough for liberating me from the ice and bringing me to the Jedi temple. I am in your debt." A Jedi to the left of the small green Jedi began to speak, causing me to turn slightly. 

"Padawan, I am Master Mace Windu. It was Master Yoda and I." He nodded towards the smaller green Jedi. "Who found you frozen on Ilum. We wish to know how this fate fell upon you and where you come from." I bowed my head towards him respectfully. 

"Of course, master." And so, I told them everything. 

I told them about how I was born on Mandalore during the war and about how my master had found me. I recounted what life had been like on the run during the civil war and described how I had ended up in that cave. 

"For the life of me masters, I have no idea how I was able to survive in the ice for so long." I told them about the dreams I had experienced and that strange place I had been to with those voices. 

Master Yoda pinched his chin in concentration. 

"Hmmm. Clouded the answer we seek is. Clear it is to see how strong with the force you are." The masters around the circle nodded their heads in agreement. 

"Masters I must inform you that I was never able to finish my Jedi training." I bowed my head this time, slightly nervous as to what their decisions would be. "I acknowledged the fact that many years have passed since I was taught in the ways of the force and understand if you will deem it too late for me to continue my training as a padawan. However, I wish for it to be known that I am still willing to continue my training. The Jedi way aside from the Mandalorian path is all that I have ever known." The council turned and looked at each other before Master Windu began to speak. 

"Please wait out in the hall for a moment padawan. The council must discus these new developments. One of us will come to fetch you as soon as a decision has been reached." I bowed my head respectfully. 

"Yes master. Thank you all for your time." I then proceeded to leave the chamber. 

As soon as I stepped out the door I felt as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Master Qui-Gon and his padawan then approached me. 

"Has the council come to a decision?" I shook my head at the padawan's question. 

"They are deciding as we speak. No one seems to be able to determine the cause as to how I survived all of those years through the ice." Master Qui-Gon began to walk down the hall, myself and Obi-Wan followed. 

"It is curious but there must be a reason. Time will tell I suppose, or perhaps we will never know. It is best to accept what has happened and move on young one." I nodded my head in agreement. 

"Of course, master. I only hope that the council will allow me to continue my training as a padawan learner." Obi-Wan gave me a confused look. 

"Why would they not allow you to continue?" We had stopped right in front of a window that looked on the city. 

"I fear that while it may not feel as if a great deal of time has passed for me, the council will deem it too late for me to finish my training. What if they consider me too old?" Obi-Wans confused look remained on his face. 

"Surely they won't deem you too old. Will they master?" Master Qui-Gon sighed. He placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. 

"I do not feel you are too old young one. However, you are right. The decision does remain entirely with the council. I would not stress over it too much." I nodded, taking in his words. 

"Whatever the council decides one thing will remain the same." Both Jedi looked at me curiously. "I have a lot of catching up to do." They chuckled slightly. 

 "Padawan Vorn." A voice spoke from behind me causing me to turn. "The council has reached a decision." The Jedi master motioned for me to follow them. 

I walked through the same door again. A weight instantly place itself upon my shoulders. I stood in the center of the room and took a deep breath. 

"Come to a decision the council has." I looked at Master Yoda expectantly. 

"Agreed to take you on as his padawan learner, Master Plo Koon has." I looked over to the Keld Dor master that had brought me back into the Jedi council room. 

"We all agree however that you have much to learn and look forward to seeing you progress here at the Jedi temple." Master Windu spoke. 

I bowed my head in respect. 

"Thank you masters, I will not let you down." Just like that, the next step in my Jedi training had begun. 

Edited September 20th, 2020