Chapter 6

Blaster shots and battle droids crying out. That's what startled Helena awake after what felt like an eternity. She had though she was dreaming at first, but as the sounds drew closer and closer to her location, she realised this could not be the case. Her eyes blinked open slowly at first. The room seemed to spin around her as she observed the same ceiling with terrible lighting.

She tried focusing on one portion of it while slowing her breathing. After a few moments, the spinning seemed to successfully stop. Whatever was going on outside, it couldn't be good. Based off of her instincts, she gathered someone had entered wherever she was being held captive. Whether they were friend or foe, she needed to be prepared in the event they were the latter.

She tried fighting against her restraints once again but stopped, crying out in pain as they dug deeper into her skin. She tried glancing down at them to assess the severity of her wounds but stopped as her eyes remained glued to her robes. Each part of her body ached from where the droid, along with Grievous, had cut into her. Her robes were in tatters, with her armour somehow still managing to hang onto her form.

She looked as if she had been through hell, which to be fair could be an accurate assessment. Suddenly, the door to her right opened with a hiss. She opened her eyes immediately, expecting either the droid or Grievous to be back once again just as they had periodically during her stay. She heard a few gasps from the entrance before the new arrivals began to make their way into the room.

"Master Vorn! What have they done to you?" Master Kit Fisto rushed to her side, a few clone troopers following suit along with jedi knight Nahdar.

"Master Fisto?" A feeling a slight relief came over her upon seeing his face. "You have no idea how good it feels to see you again. How on earth did you find me?" The clones instantly began to work away at undoing her restraints as she spoke.

A sense of relief came over her the moment they were undone. The circulation finally coming back to her hands and feet causing her wounds to throb in pain slightly. The group studied her with sad expressions on their faces as they took in the bags under her eyes, the way she winced with each movement, and how pale she appeared.

"A story best saved for another time old friend. Right now, you need medical attention." Helena graciously took their outstretched hands as they helped her up.

She could barely stand as they helped support her weight. She hadn't felt this helpless in such a long time. It annoyed her, not being able to stand on her own two feet. She felt like a burden to her fellow jedi. As if she were waying them down in their current situation. Both figuratively and literally.

"I'll have some of my men escort you to the ship for medical attention." Nahdar spoke while grabbing her lightsaber and placing it back on her belt.

Helena stopped walking along with them, causing both Jedi to look at her. She shook her head furiously.

"No, there's no time. General Grievous is here. He needs to be stopped. Please, let me help." Both jedi sent her a sympathetic look.

That menace had kept her locked up here for so long, she couldn't help but feel the need to stop him before he did so to anyone else. Both Jedi could sense her feelings through the force. They knew just how much bringing Grievous down must now mean to her. They also, however, could not put her wellbeing aside.