Chapter 52: Freaking Hannah Montana

Mature scene ahead.

52. Freaking Hannah Montana

I looked back and forth between Aaron and Justin, repeating the question the girl asked, only quietly. "Yeah, what the fuck is going on?"

Aaron put down his drink and stepped away from the wall. He cleared his throat. "Um, Lynn, guys, this is my girlfriend, Morgan. Morgan...meet my team."

"Your team," I said. "So it's... he's you. You're him."

Justin slowly walked over and handed over the mask to Aaron. "I uh...found it under the couch. Be more careful buddy."

"Thanks," Aaron said softly.

I was right.

I was right.

I shook my head, and then turned around to walk out of the room. I walked a few steps away, and then I heard Aaron call my name.

"Morgan, wait."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, folding my arms and avoiding his eyes. He was in his hoodie now.

"Morgan, look at me," he told me. "I'm sorry, okay? And Lynn is just a-"

I sighed and interrupted him. "This isn't about Lynn. You love me, and I don't doubt that. I'm just hurt that you didn't tell me."

"I get it, but Morgan please understand that this is my life," he explained. "I can't have it turn chaotic. I can't have it turn into-"

"Mine?" I finished.

He sighed again and ran his fingers through his hair. "I hate to admit it, but in a way, yes. Morgan, a week ago you couldn't even leave your house without being followed."

"You're making this worse for yourself," I muttered.

"I meant it when I said I could handle it, I really did, and I still can, but that's the thing. I can handle your life, but I'm not ready for the world to know mine," Aaron continued. "I love what I do Morgan, and every single person who gets to know is one step closer to everyone else finding out. I just...have to be careful about the people I trust."

Now he hit a nerve.

"Careful?!" I said, before taking in a breath. "I don't care that you're doing what you're doing Aaron. In fact, I love that you found something you like so much. I'm mad because you don't trust me. After telling me to trust you, after telling me there were no secrets between us, you still don't trust me."

"Morgan I-"

"When we first met you judged me for living the same life you live behind closed doors like you didn't get what I had to go through. Well you know what Aaron? At least I face the world instead of running around the city like I'm freaking Hannah Montana!"

It was uncalled for, but I was annoyed. He didn't deserve me being nice to him at the moment.

Aaron was about to speak, but our dialogue was cut short by Justin.

"Aaron, you need to go out there," he said.

Aaron turned. "In a minute man, we're talking."

"Crowd's getting impatient."

"Justin, this is-"

"Go," I said.

"What?" Aaron asked softly.

"Go," I repeated with a shrug. "I understand that you have to. It's a whole crowd, I'm just one person. We can talk later."

He sighed, and then turned to leave. Before walking away though, he looked at me once more.