Chapter 47: This Is Your Mom's Couch

Fair warning guys, bit of a mature scene in this chapter.

47. This Is Your Mom's Couch

I maneuvered through the crowd of people to get out of the building when classes were over for the day. Well, for the year. Winter break was finally here and I couldn't be happier. One more semester and I'd finally be done with this place.

But first, the holidays.

Despite the fact that my family didn't really have the usual holiday traditions, I loved Christmas. There was a feeling in the air that made everyone happy, and I liked that.

"Morgan!" I heard someone call as I walked.

I turned, saw who it was, and then rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Morgan," he repeated, catching up to me.

"What could you possibly want Cole?" I asked. "Aside from another slap in the face."

"I still haven't forgotten that," he muttered.

I placed my hands in the pockets of my coat and smiled sarcastically. "Nice to know I made a lasting impression."

He rolled his eyes and got straight to the point. "I need your help."

"Really? Screwing yourself is more of an individual affair," I stated, and then proceeded to walk away.

He caught my arm. "Help me get Shannon back."

I tore myself from his grip and sized him up. "What do you want me to do, put in a good word for you? You do remember you cheated on her right? And you had the nerve to hit on me before that."

"I've changed."

I snorted. "Yeah and I partied with Rihanna last weekend in Mexico."

"I'm serious Morgan, I really do want her back," he said.

I nodded. "Ah, you must not be getting any action lately huh? Did Paige leave you too?"

He shot me a dark look. "Watch your words Hall."

"Around you? You couldn't pay me to give a fuck," I retorted.

"Will you help me or not?" he asked.

"Bro, if you're still deciphering this entire conversation then let me help you out...no," I answered.

I walked away and he called my name again. "Morgan!"

I turned to give him another sarcastic smile. "Happy holidays Cole! And turn that scowl upside down. 'Tis the season to be merry after all."

I got away from him and walked to my car. I shook my head. The nerve of him. He was a real piece of shit that's for sure.

The snow fell heavily as I drove carefully to Aaron's house. I'd become very fond of our little routine. That was usually the highlight of my day, and after my conversation with Cole I needed to be put in a good mood.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

"Welcome," he chuckled, letting me in.

"So," I began, seconds after stepping in. "You, me, concert, Friday. What do you say?"

"Don't I get a kiss first?" he said.

I sighed and pecked his cheek, a stupid smile forming on my face. "There you go."

"I meant a kiss kiss," he joked.

"Aaron," I laughed. "Do you want to go with me or not?"

"I'm a little busy Friday night, sorry," he answered.