Chapter 3: I'd Like To Do Him First

3. I'd Like To Do Him First

When I got to school the next morning I realized the previous day's events made me forget that my car was still in the parking lot. I made a mental note to call my dad about it later. Right now I was talking to Shannon about Aaron.

"Sounds mean," she said before her eyes lit up. "But is he cute though?"

I chuckled. "Yeah I guess."

"So in summary he's a hottie with a whack attitude and good music taste," she remarked.

I laughed a bit. "You could think of it like that."

"So you're returning the iPod right?"

I shrugged. "I don't have a choice do I? I just don't know how I'm gonna do it."

"Um, how about trying something like hey, you left this on the bus yesterday and I found it. Here."

I sighed. "It's not that simple."

"How?" she laughed.

I sighed again. "Well we didn't exactly get off on the right foot...and..."

"And what?" she beckoned.

"Don't you just have the urge to know somebody sometimes? I don't know...it's like he gives off this...vibe."

She put a hand on my shoulder. "Aw Morgan, you're falling in love with a stranger. That's so sweet."

"What?" I said. "I'm not falling in love with him  Shan, I'm just intrigued by him. That's all."

"Well you should go find him," she said.

"Find who?"

I turned, startled a bit.

"God Paige, why the hell do you jump into conversations like that?" Shannon asked.

She shrugged. "So who are we finding?"

"No one," I quickly said.

She looked at both Shannon and I. "Right."

Before I knew it she had snatched the iPod from my hand.

"Who still uses this?" she chuckled. "Surely it's not yours Morgan, I've never seen it."

I rolled my eyes. "Give it back Paige, please."

"Why don't you tell me the owner then," she teased.

"It's no one, really," I told her.

She turned the back. "Aaron Smith...interesting."

I took the device from her and pocketed it in my blazer.

"I'm just teasing Morgan," she chuckled. "Look, I'm sorry for leaving you stranded yesterday. I can drive you today if you'd like."

See, Paige could be nice.

"Actually that would be nice," I said. "I need to get home and spend time with Jean or else she'll kill me."

"Jean's in town?" she asked.

"Not for long," I lied. "She's very busy anyway so it's like she's gone."

I hated when people made my life about Jean. I had met people who used me to get to her and it was plain annoying.

"Relax Morgan," Paige said. "I'm not going to show up at your house asking for autographs."

"Right, well..."

Shannon interrupted me with a quiet shriek. "It's Cole, he's heading over here."

Almost immediately we were 'graced' with the presence of the one and only Cole Andrews. He was a classic high school hottie. His side swept chocolate hair and blue eyes. Let's not leave out the ego that was bigger than Russia.