Chapter 18: You So Like Him

18. You So Like Him

"I'm so excited!" Shannon gushed as she parked her car.

I decided to take a ride with her to Laurel's concert.

I chuckled. I wasn't going to lie I was pretty excited too. Laurel Price was a great singer, and I needed anything to keep my mind off Aaron and his date.

Lord knows why I've been so bothered about that.

Stop thinking about him.

Anyway, moving on from Aaron.

Yes Morgan, go ahead and mention him again, that's clearly helping.

Oh shut up.

"Morgan?"

"Huh?" I suddenly said, turning to face Shannon.

She leaned back in her seat and smirked. "You were thinking about Aaron weren't you?"

"Why on earth would I be thinking about Aaron?" I denied.

"So you're not the least bit concerned that he's out somewhere and may be having the time of his life with some other girl?" she teased.

"Her name is Clarissa and she happens to be a nice girl," I hugged.

"You can still hate her if you want," she laughed.

"Why would I hate her?" I questioned. "She's done nothing wrong to me and I've only met her once."

"Hmm, let me think," Shan began. "Maybe because she's on a date with the guy you're too stubborn to admit you like. You know...maybe they had a candle lit dinner. And after that instead of taking her home he sends her to the park, and then they slow dance under the stars...then fireflies encircle them. Maybe that's the beginning of their everlasting romance. Then they get married, live long and have children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren and great great great-"

"Okay I get it!" I snapped, silencing her. "You watch way too many romance movies."

She laughed and opened the door to get out just like I had done. "You so like him."

"No, I don't," I said. "But go ahead and think your crazy thoughts, I'm here to have a good time."

She laughed again. "Oh honey, it's always a good time when I'm involved."

She flipped her hair playfully and I only shook my head.

We entered through the back of the arena because there were too many people with and without cameras in the front. And let's face it, my efforts to stay low key all my life had gone down the drain once my mother took things into her own hands and Josh entered my life as well.

We showed the bouncer our passes and he checked his clipboard and nodded. "Right this way Miss Hall."

"Ouu, Miss Hall," Shannon mimicked and I laughed.

A bodyguard appeared and nodded at both of us. "Follow me."

I exchanged a curious look with Shannon and we did as he said.

"Wow," I remarked once we entered the private room the bodyguard led us to.

"Yeah Laurel Price must really like you," Shan chuckled, taking a strawberry from a bowl and putting it in her mouth.

Strawberries reminded me of the fact that Aaron was allergic.

Good job not thinking about him.

"You can wait in here for now and go out when the concert begins," the man informed us.

"Thank you," I said politely, before closing the door after he walked out.