Chapter 34: Take A Cue From Elsa And Let It Go

This might just be my favorite chapter yet, and it's a freaking long one too!

34. Take A Cue From Elsa And Let It Go

Are you still freaking out?" Shannon asked me. "Morgan, he's not mad. Why would he be?"

"I don't know, maybe because I ditched him to go talk to Josh?" I suggested.

"You didn't ditch him and you didn't go talk to Josh," she reminded me. "You went to deal with him."

I shook it off. "You're right, I'm probably just freaking out."

"What on earth will you do without me?" she chuckled.

I rolled me eyes. "I meant to ask you, are you busy Saturday night? My mom is throwing this fundraiser party or gala or whatever and I really need someone there with me."

"I'm really sorry Morgan," she answered. "I've got plans with my mom. It's my parents' wedding anniversary and we always spend it together in front of the couch with ice cream."

I chuckled. "No, it's fine, you don't need to be sorry. I just wish I didn't have to go in alone."

"It's not a battlefield," she said.

"Might as well be," I muttered before taking a sip of water. "Amber Hall and I are on opposite sides of a Cold War, and when the shots are finally fired they come in the form of snarky comments, condescending remarks and eye rolls."

"Wow."

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing it's just...I've never really heard you say her name like that."

"You mean with utter distaste?" I asked bitterly. "Yeah...I never thought it would come to this either."

She placed her hand on my lap affectionately and gave my thigh a gentle squeeze. "I'm sorry. Lord knows I've had my fair share of disappointing parents."

"And you've turned out alright," I chuckled. "Don't worry, I will too."

She looked at me like she had gotten an idea. "Why don't you invite Aaron?"

I shook my head. "Nope. No. Uh uh."

"Why not?"

"Because why would I ever want to put him through that kind of agony?" I answered. "Aaron's already been there so much for me, being roped into a party full of stuck up rich pretenders is probably the last thing he wants to do."

"You don't know that, just ask," she said. "In fact, here's your chance."

I turned and saw him approaching us.

I turned back. "Shannon, don't."

She only smirked at me and called out to Aaron. "Hey there Romeo."

Aaron chuckled. "Shannon."

"Morgan here has something to ask you," she said, getting up. "I'll leave you two to chat."

I flipped her off and she just gave me a smug smile before strutting off.

Aaron cleared his throat and I smiled shyly, scooting over for him to sit.

"What did you want to ask me?" he asked.

I shook my head, waving my hand. "Ignore her, please."

He caught my hand and lowered it, keeping his hold. "Morgan, just ask me."

"I don't want to bother you," I said. "Seriously, it's fine."

I felt bad, like I was always looking to him to be some kind of saving grace in the midst of all my troubles.