Chapter 45: They Have A Verdict

This is one long ass chapter and it all takes place inside a courtroom. Enjoy lovely people!

~~~

45. They Have A Verdict

The day for me to appear in court came sooner than I thought. Gillian had probably spent every waking moment getting us ready for it. She was thorough, and I mean thorough, asking us all sorts of questions we might get hit with. We knew everything about everyone; the judge, Scott's lawyer, even the jury. How could Jean not win this?

"Nervous?" Shannon asked.

"That obvious?" I chuckled. "I just don't want to screw it up for her."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because Morgan Hall screws up everything," I said.

"I beg to differ," someone said, slipping their hand around my waist.

I looked to my side and smiled at Aaron, who was looking sharp as ever in a pale blue shirt and navy blue tie.

"Is that your dad by the way?" he asked me.

I looked over to where Jean was chatting with Gillian and both my parents. "Right, yeah, you don't have to talk to him if you don't want to."

"Well then I want to," he said.

Shannon coughed. "Let's all remember how incredibly single Shannon is and have mercy on her."

Aaron and I both looked at her in amusement.

"Okay guys, it's go time," Gillian announced.

We cleared the hallway, and when I was walking in with Aaron, we ran into my dad.

"Sweetheart," he said, looking amused.

"Dad," I responded.

He turned to Aaron. "You must be Aaron son."

Aaron returned his gesture and shook his hand. "I am sir, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. Just treat my baby girl right and we'll have no problem," he said.

Aaron chuckled. "I don't intend to do anything otherwise."

My dad only smiled at him and kissed my forehead before going his way.

"That was...easy," I thought.

Aaron kissed my cheek. "It's my charm Morgan."

I rolled my eyes and took his hand, going to take a seat beside Shannon. It wasn't long until Scott and his team walked in, and I got chills just from the look he gave me.

The judge and jury filed in next, and soon the trial was underway. The first to be called was Laurel, and she went up and took a seat on the stand.

After swearing and all that, Gillian began to question her.

"Miss Price," she began. "How long have you known Jean?"

"Few years," Laurel answered. "About two...maybe three."

"That's an averagely short time," Gillian said. "And you're up here testifying for her?"

"Might be short, but she's been a really good friend of mine. I'd do anything for her," Laurel said, sending a brief smile my sister's way.

"They're so cute," Shannon whispered to me, and I chuckled.

"So you would say that even if you've known her for such a short time you can attest to her character?" Gillian continued.

Laurel nodded confidently. "Oh yeah, she's one of the best people I know."

Gillian gestured to Scott. "You know him Miss Price?"