Chapter 30: I Definitely Leave Them Screaming

30. I Definitely Leave Them Screaming

"Oh God," I groaned, using the other pillow on the bed to cover my face.

Leave it to MJ to be awake at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning.

Sundays were for sleeping, why didn't she get that?

After lying awake for a couple of minutes I decided to just get out of bed and see what she was up to. I brushed my teeth and threw some warm water on my face and then wiping it with a towel. I was grateful to Jean for having a pack of spare unused toothbrushes because amidst my commotion to hurry up and leave my house I forgot to pack mine. I unzipped the bag I had and pulled out a gray t-shirt and a pair of black Adidas sweatpants. I stepped out of Jean's bedroom and into the corridor.

I followed the sound of the music into the kitchen, and smiled when I saw MJ dusting a shelf while dancing to Kirk Franklin playing loudly from a speaker.

"Morning."

She turned. "Oh good morning dear. Sleep well?"

If you mean dreaming about Aaron, then yes, I slept well.

"Yeah I guess," I chuckled.

"I made pancakes," she said, pointing to the plate on the table.

"Well don't mind if I do," I said, using the fork on the plate to pick one up and take a bite.

So good.

"Eat up-"

Oh I will.

"-and then we can clean this place."

Who said Sundays were for sleeping?

~~~

"There," MJ beamed when we were done. "Isn't this much better to look at?"

"It was fine before too," I said, falling onto the couch."

"Well now it's better," she grinned.

We cleaned every inch of the loft and I was exhausted. It was noon now, and we were finally done.

"Well I'm going to freshen up and rest, I'll be out this evening meeting some colleagues," she informed me.

"Okay grandma" I said, leaning back and closing my eyes.

I took a nap and woke up about three hours later, and then decided to catch up on my schoolwork. My life was so busy these days that I barely had time for homework, and I needed to pick up my slack if I wanted to pass senior year.

I stayed doing that for a while before MJ came out of the room she was sleeping in, dressed in a black dress that reached her knees and a dark blue blazer with black heels.

Well okay MJ, just shut down the place with no warning whatsoever.

"Well how do I look dear?" she asked, spinning around and then facing me again.

"Smoking hot," I winked. "As usual."

She patted her hair. "Your grandma's still got it honey."

"Oh you're going to have all the guys gawking aren't you?" I teased.

"Well I don't know about gawking but I definitely leave them screaming," she winked.

I covered my ears. "Ew MJ too much, too much. Let's not get carried away, still your grand baby remember?"

She laughed and then bent down to give me a kiss on the cheek. "I remember."