Chapter 37: Ma'am This Is McDonald's

37. Ma'am This Is McDonald's

I went to my locker first thing when I got to school. Shannon was waiting for me, talking on the phone.

"Oh and here she comes," she snickered. "Speak of the devil and she shall appear."

I chuckled. "Who are you talking to?"

She put it on speakerphone. "Say hi loser."

"Hi Morgan."

I recognized the voice instantly. "Hi Justin, what's Shannon saying about me?"

"It's what we're both saying about you and Aaron," Shannon chuckled. "And how it's about freaking time."

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway.

"I told him not to be an idiot," Justin said. "Was he an idiot?"

"He was perfect," I sighed blissfully.

Shannon eyed me suspiciously. "Are you sure you just kissed him?"

"What? Shannon," I groaned.

"It's a valid question," she shrugged.

"Leave her alone," Justin said.

"Thank you."

"But I get it," Shannon smirked. "You wouldn't exactly hop on his Nimbus two thousand so soon...if you know what I mean."

"Shannon!" I hissed, looking around to see who might have heard her.

"Ma'am this is McDonald's," Justin remarked firmly.

Shannon just laughed, shaking her head. "Well I need to get to class. Morgan, I'll see you at lunch. Justin, text me."

"I have class too you know," he said.

"And we both know you don't care," Shannon told him. "We'll be in touch."

She hung up and winked at me before going off to her class.

I just chuckled and then closed my locker, leaning on it. For the first time in a while my life didn't suck.

Sienna walked - or rather marched - past me and it was evident something was wrong by the look on her face.

I went after her. "Sienna!"

She only quickened her pace.

"Damn it," I muttered, before starting to slowly jog towards her.

I finally caught hold of her arm and stopped her. "Hey, Sienna."

"What do you want Morgan?"'she snapped.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. "You've been skipping Biology and it looks like something's bothering you."

She broke free from my grip. "I have to go, just stay away from me Morgan."

She walked away and I was left standing there as confused as ever.

"Don't you have class young lady?"

I looked to my right and saw Mrs. Hansen, or as Shannon liked to call her, Professor Umbitch, looking at me.

I nodded and gave her an awkward smile before scurrying off.

~~~~

I couldn't help the grin on my face when I walked towards the usual park bench. I tapped Aaron on one shoulder and went round the other side. He looked one way and then chuckled, realizing I was on his other side instead.

"Hi," I said.

He smiled at me. "Hi."

And then we just smiled at each other before breaking out into laughter.