4. Party

Hyein stood folding her hands, annoyance etched all over her features. If Seokjin insists that she meet one more of those snobby, rich, stuck up guests that had come to the party to celebrate the partnership, she would run. Parties were the most exhausting thing ever. Taehyung being the company CEO didn't help either, or else she could have cowered behind his shadow hoping to go unnoticed by the guests like she usually did. Seokjin had briefly gone away to get her a drink, how gentlemanly of him, and she was finally getting a break from all the scrutinizing stares of the guests.

Oh, screw them! Hyein thought. It wasn't like Hyein was that poor to not have a flashy dress to wear for the party. She just didn't like being flashy. Hyein would choose comfort over fashion any day. After a few peaceful minutes, Seokjin had bounced back excitedly and her drink wasn't the only thing he had brought with him. There was a girl. A girl who looked taller than Hyein, much to her disappointment and beautiful than her, even more disappointing, with him. What stood out was her green hawk-like eyes that literally seemed to shine in the light and her shimmering peach dress hugged her voluptuous figure and she seemed at ease at the party. That was something Hyein envied.

"Hyein-ssi, meet Ms.Yoon Eunhye. She is the daughter of Zara's chairman." Seokjin introduced. Zara? Zara was the closest rival to Ethereal in their industry. Why would someone from Zara be here? Seokjin seemed to know what she was thinking. Before she had a chance to ask, Seokjin answered it for her. "Ms. Eun Hye and Taehyung are close. Childhood friends, you see?"

Oh... I see.

Hyein nodded her head and sent a polite greeting towards the said childhood friend. Eunhye smiled politely, her cool eyes looking over Hyein. Hyein almost caught that same judgemental look she had grown accustomed to at the party from her. Hyein only smiled.

"It's so nice to meet you, Ms.Yoon." She replied.

"Ah, who's this? Eunhye?" A voice suddenly popped up from behind her essentially startling her as she whirled back to find Taehyung standing behind her with a smile on his face. Eunhye's smile brightened to a full-beam and Hyein physically had to squint her eyes to avoid the glare. Taehyung turned towards Seokjin, "Mr.Ratford is looking for you, Jin Hyung." Seokjin nodded as he took off to find whoever this Mr.Ratford was. Taehyung finally turned towards Eunhye. "Eunhye! How have you been?"

"Just fine, Taehyung. What about you? It's been so long since you've last visited the US. Why didn't you come?" The girl, Eunhye exclaimed and for some reason, Hyein did not quite like the sound of her voice.

"Ahh, I was just busy with the company and all, but I'm here now. I almost didn't recognize you Eunhye. You've grown taller." Taehyung was saying. Did he not even see her? Hyein's stare drilled into the back of his head and Taehyung must've felt it because he suddenly turned towards her. "Ah, Hye."

She completely ignored his greeting. Have a taste of your own medicine.

Taehyung slung an arm over her shoulders as she faced Eunhye. "Eunhye. This is Lee Hyein. We're d-"

"Secretary." Hyein cut him off, pulling away from his arm. "I am his Secretary."

Eunhye must have realized something, as her smile was turning into a grimace. If she was patient enough to be polite before, she didn't even bother with it anymore. Taking her eyes away from Hyein, Eunhye turned to Taehyung. "It's been so long since you have come here Taehyung, Do you want to go on a tour of the city?"

He looked puzzled, "Like right now?"

Eunhye nodded. "Yeah. You know Las Vegas looks entirely different at night. Especially when the lights come up."

"Oh, yes, sure. I would love it, but do you mind if Hyein joined us?" Taehyung asked. This boy really had no clue. Hyein would rather go jump off a cliff. Eunhye's smile had turned quite sour at his request as she exchanged a not-so-nice look with Hyein. Hyein folded her arms and spoke up. She was feeling quite generous today. "Um, I don't want to be a bother. I'd rather stay back."

Taehyung whipped his head back surprised. She would rather stay at the party which she so awfully hated rather than going on a tour of the city? That didn't sound right. Taehyung narrowed his eyes. There was something wrong. Hyein was currently staring at Eunhye with an indecipherable look in her eyes. Perhaps, was it what he thought it was?

"Eunhye, maybe we should take a raincheck on that tour," Taehyung said, turning towards her and her eyes hardened. She sent a subtle glare towards Hyein who was suddenly feeling quite happy and satisfied. So satisfied, in fact, she didn't even bother to excuse herself and simply turned back and left. Taehyung called out a quick goodbye towards Eunhye as he ran off to catch up with Hyein. "What was that?"

"What?" Hyein casually asked, resuming her stroll.

It can't be his imagination. She was acting completely out of character today.

Was she perhaps jealous?

If so...

Taehyung suddenly gasped. She knew.

She knew Taehyung would choose her over Eunhye's offer. She had also made sure to keep Taehyung from going on that tour. Hyein could actually be manipulative.

"Wow, you're so cunning..." Taehyung breathed out, impressed.

Hyein smirked a dimple sinking into her cheek.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Tae."

A/n: Double update cuz why not?

Aha, and what do you think about Eunhye?