3. Lavenders

ᴇᴛʜᴇʀᴇᴀʟ.ᴄᴏ, ʟᴀ_

Time: 10:17

No.

I have to get away.

His footsteps echoed throughout the hallway as he ran, his breaths coming out in tiny gasps.

I can't see it. I can't.

Taehyung ran, not daring to look back. He couldn't. It was too horrible. It was too painful. It'll hurt. It'll only hurt. Taehyung had to hide somewhere. His ears were ringing as his sweat dripped down the sides of his cheek. He was shivering and trembling even though it wasn't cold.

"Tae-Tae~"

No no.

"I'll come back for you."

No.

His eyes shot open and he found a door. Trembling fingers grasped the cold metal of the door handle and Taehyung burst inside the security room, startling its security staff.

"OUT!" He yelled pointing a finger towards the door. The staff suddenly scrambled out of the room, bewildered at the CEO's orders. The room was dark, only lit by the projections of the numerous CCTV footages playing on the walls and monitors. Taehyung found a nearby chair slumped down on it. The low blue light of the projections only seemed to trigger the hidden memories and they came rushing in. Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut.

NO. I don't want to see it. I don't...

_____________________

Time: 10:30

Oh, no-no-no. Tell me this isn't happening right now!

Hyein looked around at the building trying to catch any glimpse of the grey suit he had worn today, but no matter where she went, it was useless. He was nowhere to be seen.

Today was the day they were meeting with Mr.Min Yoongi of NewGlams. Hyein had thought everything was going fine and well. The CEO even seemed impressed as Taehyung had introduced himself but Hyein had failed to notice the presence of a certain purple flower in the bouquet held by Min Yoongi's Secretary at the meeting. Lavenders.

Unfortunately before Hyein could hide it from his view, Taehyung had seen it.

The next thing she knew, he was running out of the meeting room. Collective gasps rang out in the air and surprised heads swiveled back to look towards the door where Taehyung had run out. Every single being in her wanted to run after him. She couldn't let him alone when he was vulnerable.

But she couldn't. She had to force herself to stay calm as she stepped forward and announced. "I apologize for the interruption. There was an emergency. Everyone, please remain calm. Mr. Kim Seokjin, would you go ahead with the meeting?"

Thankfully the meeting hadn't been affected by Taehyung's sudden outburst but the word of it will surely get out. Rumors would spread. Hyein clenched her fists as she ran out of the room as soon as the meeting was over. Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. She could only wish that he was okay. She didn't know how she handled himself when she wasn't there for him.

How did that lavender get there in the first place? There was also the thing about the CEO of NewGlams. He was not the least bit fazed. He wasn't surprised. It was almost as if he knew.

Hyein shook the thought out of her head. How can that be? No one knew about Taehyung's Anthophobia.

Narrowing her eyes she looked through the crowd. No. He was not there.

Turning to the nearest staff she found, she asked, "Have you seen Mr.Kim Taehyung around here?"

The surprised staff nodded his head as he pointed a finger towards the Security room. Hyein gave a quick bow in appreciation towards the security staff and ran towards the room.

As expected he was there, slouched down on one of the swivel chairs, hands firmly pressed over his eyes and Hyein could make out the subtlest of tremors that shook his form.

"Taehyung?"

Instantly, Taehyung could feel his shoulders relax. The familiarity of her brought him a sense of security. Hyein quietly made her way towards him and sat beside him. A moment later he felt the warm presence of her hand on his shoulders and his breathing eased and his mind calmed. He didn't know why it had felt so reassuring the first time she patted him like that, but now he did. It was what he had wanted for so long.

He slowly looked up, eyes opening to the calm neutral face of Hyein as he breathed out a relieved sigh. "I messed up, didn't I?"

Hyein pulled back her hand, pursing her lips in contemplation.

"I don't know, did you?"

Taehyung breathed out a laugh. He didn't know why, maybe it was her answer or maybe it was that comical expression of hers, he felt like he wanted to laugh.

Still, he wanted to know. Did he really mess up? It was a partnership that had high potential. He didn't want all their efforts to go to waste.

Hyein seemed to realize his thoughts. "Maybe you did mess up." She replied.

Of course.

What did he expect? Hyein had that annoying habit of spewing out truths that hurt, but in reality, he actually didn't mind. Maybe he wanted that reality check. She leaned back in her chair looking up at the CCTV projections playing on the wall. A particular frame had captured her attention.

"If you messed up, what am I here for?"

A smile blossomed on his face. The past month of being together, Taehyung had learned enough to read in between the lines. So what Hyein said would roughly translate into something like, "I'm here for you." 

Hyein never outright said it, but he knew.

She looked back to him to gouge out his reaction only to meet his smiling eyes that seemed satisfied yet something more as he gazed back into hers.

The staring session would have gone on had it not been for a head peeking out the door a mischievous grin plastered on its face as Jimin's chirpy voice asked, "Am I interrupting something?"

A/n: For those who didn't understand, Kim Taehyung has a phobia of Lavenders

A/n: For those who didn't understand, Kim Taehyung has a phobia of Lavenders. He saw them in the meeting room and ran out of the meeting. You'll understand more as you keep reading.