24. Winter Night.

(Turn on the media and scroll on.)

ꜱᴇᴏᴜʟ, ꜱᴏᴜᴛʜ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ_

Taehyung clutched the pillow tightly against his chest as he slept on his king-size bed. The moon shone through the windows, its pale light seeping inside through the glass and illuminating everything in the room in a ghostly dim glow. The night was awfully calm and the cicadas hummed in the distance. His pillow was being smothered even more tightly against his chest, his hands clutching it with an inhuman grip.
One would think that he was having a nightmare had it not been for the huge smile plastered on his face.

But the tranquility of the room was broken when the doorbell went off. Taehyung tried to shrug it off. He didn't want to wake up yet, but the bell rang again and he groaned. Who the hell was disturbing his sleep? He wanted to see what happened next in the dream but the annoying chime of the bell won't let him. Cursing and muttering to himself, he got up from the bed and groggily rubbed his eyes as he made his way to the front door and pressed a button on his electronic door lock system, enabling the camera feed.

I swear if it's Jimin or Joon Hyung-

He froze.

It wasn't Namjoon or Jimin. A hooded figure stood outside the door, their back turned towards the camera, hiding something from view, a knife maybe. Fear gripped his gut. Who was that?

Was that another one of his enemies?

Ever since he had been dubbed the owner of Ethereal.Co, the number of his enemies had considerably increased. All because of their contempt at his position. Jealousy and hatred were commonplace in business. Taehyung looked around for a weapon and his eyes fell on top of a metal flower vase. That will have to do.

He snatched the vase out of its place and hid it behind his back as he made his way to the front door. Bracing himself, he slowly creaked open the door. Taehyung closed his eyes and aimed the vase, determined to crack the head of his intruder open. 

"Yaaargh!"

But suddenly his armed hand was grabbed and twisted to his back and the intruder slammed his face into the wall. The pain made him drop the weapon and he mentally cursed.

He was, however, surprised when the intruder loosened the grip on his twisted arm and a voice hissed into his ear, "Are you trying to kill me?"

Hyein's hood slipped and fell back revealing her electric blue eyes, glaring at Taehyung and he sighed in relief. "It's you."

"Yeah, who else?" Hyein asked as she released the hold on him and Taehyung flexed his arms, trying to ease the pain. A slight hint of guilt flickered in her eyes as Hyein watched him wince in pain. "A-are you okay? I d-didn't mean to um... hurt you like that."

Taehyung nodded his head, "Yeah, I will live, but what brings you here so late? It's like 3 in the morning."

Hyein suddenly looked away, finding it hard to maintain eye contact with Taehyung as she looked around. She began fidgeting at his question, a pink blooming on her cheeks. If Taehyung hadn't known any better, he would have thought she almost looked ... shy. But how can that be? It was Lee Hyein, the confident and smart Secretary who had gained quite a name in the industry, he was looking at after all. Lee Hyein never blushed. She glared.

Think Taehyung. Why would a girl come to a man's home?

In the middle of the night?

When everyone was asleep?

Alone?

He gasped. "H-hyei-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" 

Hyein cried as she shoved something into his face and Taehyung drew back, shocked as he looked at what was in her hand. It was a bouquet. Hyein looked clearly embarrassed as her eyes danced around anywhere but on Taehyung. Oh...

Taehyung forced a smile, trying not to let his disappointment show, "Um, thank you..."

She looked towards him with a genuine smile, her features slowly brightening, making the dimples sink in on her cheeks. "I hope I am the first one to wish you."

Taehyung remembered. He had said the same thing to her once, but maybe he wasn't as dedicated as Hyein was. He ended up wishing her one day after her birthday, and he still couldn't get over how embarrassing it was when he had proudly proclaimed that he hoped he was the first one to wish her. But he was touched at the effort Hyein had put in to wish him, coming to his home in the middle of the night on a cold, December day. A warm smile blossomed on his face.

"You are." He replied. Hyein's eyes brightened in satisfaction. Taehyung sniffed the flowers on his bouquet. He noticed that they weren't just any flowers. They were lavenders.

Lavenders did not scare him anymore, now that he had come to terms with his past and his mom. Now they embodied something different to him. It embodied a memory that brought a feeling of serenity and comfort to him. 

The memory of his mom's love.

Under the dim yellow lighting of his home, the flowers seemed to shine a vibrant light-purple and as he stared at the flowers reminiscing the bittersweet memories, Taehyung felt that purple was the most beautiful color in the world.

I will trust and love you for a long time.

The card in the bouquet read and he smiled at her choice of words.

"So this is why you came in the middle of the night?" Taehyung asked, and Hyein meekly nodded her head, looking at the floor.

"Yeah.... I'msorryIwillleavethen," She squeakily rushed out before trying to make a beeline for the door but stopped when she felt a hand grasp her wrist and Hyein turned around.

"Actually before you go..." Taehyung began.

"Do you want to have ramen?"

тнє єη∂

Her Royal Elegance

by

Swag Meow