12. Different.

Hyein's jaw dropped as she stared back wide-eyed at Yang Dohwan.

"What did you say?"
"I'm sorry was that too inappropriate?" Yang Dohwan asked a bit timidly scratching the nape of his neck. Yang Dohwan was Seokjin's secretary. He wasn't your typical handsome businessman. He was the kind that appeared normal yet somehow captivating due to reasons you are not really sure of. With his hair slicked back neatly and his eyes cool and calculating yet the overall look, being innocent and polite, he seemed nice. It was early in the morning and Hyein had just reached the LA office of Ethereal. Co. and having a co-worker, to whom you've never really talked to before ask you how the person you were dating was, was terrifying.

"Aha, Hyein-ssi!" Seokjin called excitedly as he held his morning Starbucks coffee in his hands and pushed open the door with his butt as both his hands were occupied. Instantly she knew who had spilled the beans. Hyein's eyes zeroed in on her prey.

"Seokjin-ssi! I thought you were my best friend!" Hyein said, placing her hands on her hips with a stern glare. Seokjin looked startled as he looked back and forth to Hyein and Yang Dohwan. Dohwan must have made some facial gestures to tell him what happened as his eyes slowly widened in realization.

"Oh! That..." A smile blossomed on his face as he made his way towards the duo.

"I told you we were keeping it a secret! I thought I could trust you Seokjin-ssi." Hyein said shaking her head sorrowfully and Seokjin tried to defend himself.

"Oh no, Hyein-ssi. It's not like that. Dohwan is my secretary and my trusted friend. He will never say a word to another." He reassured gently and Dohwan nodded his head from beside him.

"Exactly. My lips are sealed." He replied as he pulled shut an invisible zipper across his mouth, locked it, and flung the imaginary key across the room. Seokjin chuckled at the dramatic enactment and Hyein couldn't help but join in.

"Well, at least you could have told me." Hyein trailed with a little pout, and Seokjin only shook his head amused. "You feel a little different today, Hyein."

"Huh?"

"You seem more human now," Seokjin commented and Hyein only stared back wondering what he was referring to. The door at the corner opened and strolled in a smiling CEO, his hands waving at his friends, "Jin-Hyung. Dohwan-ssi." He acknowledged each of them with a rectangular smile of his. Taehyung only ever addressed them as such when they were alone, so not many people would think Taehyung was unprofessional. Seokjin was Taehyung's best friend despite the fact that they lived on two different continents due to work. It had puzzled Hyein that he had friends other than Kim Namjoon.

Taehyung's eyes finally landed on Hyein as he smiled, "Hey." He greeted, bringing up his elbow to lean onto her shoulders but Hyein casually backed out of the way causing him to tumble into Seokjin's chest. The elder barely seemed fazed as the younger one beside him chuckled.

Helping Taehyung straighten up Seokjin asked, "I heard that Min Yoongi guy was coming today. Is it true?"

Hyein nodded her head, a somber expression taking over her features, "Yes, that's true." Seokjin visibly shuddered, "Does he have to? Man, that guy gives me the creeps."

Taehyung nodded his head, "I know Jin-Hyung. Me too."

Seokjin made the younger lad look up at him, "Look here, Taehyung. You are the CEO. You can't let some other CEO intimidate you like that."

"Ahh, I am tired, you be the CEO then, Jin Hyung," Taehyung whined.

"You don't want to be the CEO, Mr.Kim? I thought you did. In fact, I clearly remember someone refusing to call the police even when a stalker broke into his home in order to appear competent." Hyein stated.

"Why did you have to bring that up?" Taehyung cried.

"I was just stating some facts." Hyein casually replied. Taehyung made a 'hmph!' sound before stomping out of the room. Hyein's straightened spine relaxed at his exit as Seokjin suddenly spoke up from beside her.

"Why do you act like that with him Hyein?" Seokjin asked, curiously observing her.

"What do you mean?"

"You act cold and stern whenever he's near. Haven't you noticed that? I thought you were doing it on purpose." He replied mildly surprised at her genuinely puzzled expression.

"Do I.....?" Hyein trailed off. 

____________

Min Yoongi sat in the center facing Taehyung with a contemplative look. Slowly he got up from his seat.

"So you've found a solution."

Taehyung nodded his head proudly as he maintained the gaze with the guy.

Whatever sources had told Jimin that Min Yoongi was looking out for him, Hyein couldn't believe it one bit. No one could, from the way utter disapproval was etched on his face, but still, Min Yoongi was a man of honor. He kept his word.

"I shall not cancel our partnership, but what about the spy?"

Taehyung put on his polite business smile. "We'll catch him soon. You don't have to concern yourself with that. We'll make sure nothing of this sort happens again in the future."

"That's all nice, still-"

"Thank you for your concern." Taehyung pressed, his smile intact, but his tone conveyed the end of discussion. Yoongi smiled. It wasn't so much of a smile but a smirk, but from the little gesture alone, Hyein felt that something was off.

He may not be who she thought he was.

A/n: Who is Min Yoongi? 

Find out next time on dragon ball- I mean HRE