16. Her past?

(Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.)

"Appa!"

The little girl bounced up and down as a figure opened the door and bent down to sweep her in his arms.

"My Little Hyein-ie~" He called as her joyful giggles filled the air. The man spun her around up in the air and her laughter only grew in volume. At some point, tears spilled out of her eyes as her stomach hurt from laughing so much. The man smiled down at his daughter as he carefully set her on the ground. The little girl pouted as she held out her short hands up towards the man. "Appa, don't go. I want to play with you."

"Aww, my sweetie. Alright, Appa won't go." The man cooed, his heart-melting at her cute pout.

"Really?" The girl shouted jumping up from the ground, her little frock bouncing with her movement.

"Yes."

"NO!"

The girl wailed as her little feet took her to the man who was about to leave. Her fingers grasped the material of his trousers as she looked up towards her father. Her tear-stained cheeks puffed up as she spoke.

"Appa, don't go. Please..." She wailed, her young heart paining through the agony.

The man didn't say anything.

He simply left.

"APPA!"

__

Hyein's eyes shot open with a gasp.

Tears stained her cheeks and her heart pounded inside her chest from her sobs. She slowly got up from her bed. Nightmares. It's been so long since she last had one.

They were always the same. The same man's form retreating into the darkness as she cried. Hyein hated the dream. She hated the fact that she still remembered him, vividly. What wouldn't she give to just forget it? She hated to even think about it.

She made her way into the bathroom, shaking her head. There was no use in ruining her day further by thinking about that stupid dream.

Two hours later she was walking beside Taehyung, her work papers in her hands into the LA Ethereal. Co. building. Taehyung had noticed something was wrong from the moment he met her this morning. She was quiet, awfully so. Even when he had pestered her with annoying requests and remarks she did not utter a word back. Something was wrong, but Taehyung didn't know how to ask her about it. After a few more minutes of suffering in her silence, he was done.

"Hyein."

"Hmm?".

"Are you... alright?"

Hyein pondered over his question pursing her lips, then she suddenly shook her head. "Yes, I'm fine."

Taehyung had expected that answer but Hyein was anything but fine. He could clearly see that.

"You know you can always talk to me if there's something, right?" Taehyung asked. She nodded her head, "I know. Thanks."

That was such a weird reply coming from her. Why wouldn't she just talk to him? He had always noticed how she was different. She always behaved differently when she was with the others but to Taehyung he felt as if she were being cold. She felt distant. It was almost as if she were trying to put up a wall. Why?

She knew almost everything about his life. He had let her in even more than she had, but yet, he felt as if she was holding back. It was as if there was an invisible line that she was not willing to cross.

"Hyein we have to t-"

"You can go ahead, Taehyung. I will catch up with you later." Hyein spoke up before he could finish as she whirled around and left the other way. Did she just avoid him?

Hyein walked down the other hallway, heaving a sigh as she barely avoided having to talk to Taehyung. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate his concerns. She just wasn't ready to talk.

Why was this so hard?

She sighed again when suddenly she was met with an unexpected sight when she walked down the hallway. Suho was walking towards her from the other end. What was he doing here?

"Woo Suho-ssi?" Hyein greeted him with a polite smile, which he returned with a bow.

"Hyein-ssi, it's so nice to meet you." He greeted her. Woo Suho was Min Yoongi's secretary. He was quite tall and was a little blessed in the looks department. If there was one thing she found interesting about him, it was the fact that Woo Suho was the perfect Secretary for Yoongi. Prim and neat, always polite, curt, and to the point just like his boss. The man extended her a hand which she shook.

"Likewise, um... is Mr.Min Yoongi here today?" Hyein asked, curious about his sudden appearance at the building. There weren't any scheduled meetings today with NewGlams. None that she was aware of.

"No. I was just meeting up with a colleague." Suho replied.

"Oh, okay," Hyein said, a little awkwardly. A colleague at Ethereal? And he didn't mention who. Of course, it wasn't like Suho had to mention who it was but Hyein being Hyein tended to note even the smallest of details,

"Hyein-ssi," he suddenly called, "How's Yang Dohwan?" Suho asked out of nowhere, as he observed her with an indecipherable look.

"Yang Dohwan? Why do you ask?"

Suho shrugged, "Just asking."

He gave her another quick bow. "I'll see you later then. Take care." He said as he walked off, leaving Hyein behind puzzled.

What was that?

A/n: A glimpse into Hyein's past