Chapter 23 - News and Recovery... Sort Of

Chapter 23

Carter-

I haven't been feeling too good lately. Like as in, ill not good. And it hurts when I go number one in the washroom. Maybe it's because I'm getting old? I don't know. Maybe it is.

"Is it cancer you think?"

"No, it can't be that extreme, Ar."

Maybe she's right. Maybe I do have cancer. But isn't that genetic? Mom and Dad didn't have it, nor did Grandma or Grandpa.

"We should go check, just in case C."

---

I took the test, and now all we have to do is wait.

"It's not cancer," the doctor comes out, and Ariel and I both let out relieved sighs. "But it is, however, a kidney stone. Not anything too extreme. But we have to get you to go through treatment."

I gulp. "A what?"

"Kidney stone, sir. But we caught it in time, luckily. You'll be okay if you go through with the instructions I give you."

I nod, and he hands me a hospital form.

"Fill it out, C."

I write everything they need, and hand it back to the doctor.

"Alright, thank you very much. They'll do more scanning and things there." He refers to the hospital.

---

They finally let me out two days later, and now I'm walking around with a bag on he side of my leg, trying to pee out this rock inside me. Ouch.

I clench my jaw in pain, and Ariel gives me a sympathetic look. "Almost?"

"Yeah, almost." I get out through the pain, which, at the moment, is unbearable.

But I think I'll live, considering the pain woman have to go through during birth. Oh gosh. I would not want to be them. But that doesn't mean I don't want to be with one, however.

+++