Chapter 14 - Oh My Gosh

Chapter 14

Marley-

Its been about two months since I moved out, and it's been pretty good. Dylan and I are really happy. But Mom and Dad seem off. Grandma does too.

"What's up?" I ask all of them as we sit in Mom and Dad's living room.

"Marley," Grandma says shakily. "I-I can't."

She starts to cry softly, and walks out of the room.

Carter-

Oh my gosh.

"Marley," I say as steady as I can manage. "Grandpa... he's... he's passed away. It was last night."

I watch as my daughter's brown eyes fill with tears. "No. It can't be true."

"I'm sorry," I say, tears filling my own. I walk over, sitting beside her. "So sorry babygirl."

Ashley-

I know. It's a shock. But it was because of that injury Ross had gotten while on deployment. It... it wasn't his fault...

I start to cry even harder at my thoughts of him. It's only because of all we've been through. His funeral is supposed to be held in a week's time.

"Auntie," Ariel whispers as she pulls me in to a hug. "Its all going to be okay. You know that he'd want you to be happy still. So do it for him as much as we will."

I guess she is right. We'll get through it together.

"Thanks Ar."

// (( sorry for the sad chapter...

But now I don't have more overdue work in school and finals are just about done! So I'll be updating more (hopefully)! Love you all,

-ash xoxo )) //