CHAPTER 3

Enjoy ❤
Affan's pov

"Ya Affan! Abba is calling you"

"Where are your manners? Can't you knock?" Affan asked, glaring at his Junior sister. He always tell her to knock before entering his room, but she prefers barging inside the room.

"I am sorry, Ya Affan. It won't happen again" She apologised

"It better not happen again" He mumbled "Tell Abba that I am coming" Affan was working on his laptop when his sister barged inside his room.

He closed his laptop and went to his father's living room. His mum and elder sisters were also
in the living room. Did his father call for a family meeting?

"Assalamu'alaikum" He muttered

"Wa'alaikum salam" They all replied

"Good evening" He said, sitting on a couch "When did the both of you come?" He asked his sisters.

"Not long ago" Maryam replied.

"Okay" He mumbled. His two sisters got married last two years and are blessed with one daughter respectively. They both live in Abuja

It is funny how his sisters are always coming here. "Abba you sent for me?"

"Yes I did" He cleared his throat and continued. "Your mother and sisters are already aware of why we are here. Your mother and I both decided that you should travel out of the country, Dubai to be precise. We want you to stay there for the meantime. You will be staying with Nabeela, your aunty. We all understand how you feel. That is why we made this decision. You will get to clear your mind and maybe see a therapist. What do u think?" He asked, worriedly

"I know you are bothered about me. I have no problem with your decision. I will go, Abba." Affan replied with a small smile. They all looked surprised. Why are they so surprised? Maybe they thought he won't like the idea. He is actually grafeful to Abba for that decision. He will get away from all these problems. So why will he refuse to go?

"Okay my son. I am very happy because I can see you are also trying to help yourself. In sha Allah by next month you will be in Dubai"

"Okay Abba, Thanks"

"You are welcome" Abba said and left the livingroom.

"I am proud of you my son. I am happy you listened to your father. May Allah give you children who will respect and obey you too" His mother prayed.

"Ameen" They all replied. She also left the living room to her best place in the house, the kitchen.

"Where is Yumna and jannah?" Affan asked his sisters. Yumna is Maijida's daughther while Jannah is Maryam's daughter.

"They are with lastborn" Maijida replied, referring to Ameena.

Maijida and Maryam are Affan's step sisters. Their mum, who is Affan's stepmother died when Maijida was just 5years and Maryam was just 3years. Abba got married to Affan's mum after a year. It was an arranged marriage. Ammi took care of both of them and gave birth to Affan after 2years of their marriage. Ammi gave birth to only two children. Affan and Ameena, Affan's junior sister. Ameena will be graduating from secondary school this year while Affan finished his National youth service Corp (NYSC) last three months. He started working in Abba's company immediately he finished his NYSC.

"I am going home. Yumna's dad is the only one at home" Maijida said. She stood up from the couch ready to leave.

"My regards to Yumna's dad" Affan waved at her.

"Jannah's dad travelled today. So I will be going home later"  Maryam said. She also left the livingroom. Affan is sure she is going to the kitchen. She eats a lot.

Maryam's husband is always travelling from one country to another. The man never stays at home. Affan often wonder how his wife is coping.

He went to his room after she left. He is fed up of everything. After what happened two years ago, Affan has turned to a heartless person. He hates the kind of person he has turned into, but he can't help it.
  ..............

Affan is currently on his way to a boutique located in Wuse. Maryam and Ameena kept disturbing him to take them for shopping. They arrived shortly at the place and alighted from the car. Walking towards the entrance, Affan bumped into a lady.

"I am sorry" She quickly apologised.

"It's okay" She gave him a small smile and walked away with another girl trailing behind her. "That girl, She looks beautiful. Masha Allah"

"Ya Affan!" Ameena nudged him "Who is that?" She asked, frowning her face.

"I don't know her. We bumped into each other" He replied her. Affan heard her mumbled something under her breath.

"Let's go inside. Where is Maryam?" He inquired.

"She is inside" Ameena replied.

After 3 good hours of torture. Affan sisters finally finished shopping. They are presently on their way home.Maryam can frustrate your life when it comes to shopping. Affan wonder what she does with all the clothes she buys.

When they reached home, he went straight to his room after greeting Abba and Ammi. He went to take his bath and later went to the mosque to pray. He was reading Quran in the mosque until it was time for isha prayer.

After praying, he went back home to eat dinner with his family. Ameena told him Ya Maryam left to her house already. So it was only him, Abba, Ammi and Ameena left in the house with the maids and the gateman.

He went back to his room ready to sleep when he found himself thinking about the girl he saw earlier today at the boutique. She looked so innocent and beautiful. Her smile was beautiful. He didn't know when he started smiling. He is having a weird feeling about that girl. He doesn't know why. He decided to continue working in order to take his mind off things, but it didn't work. He slept off on the couch thinking about that girl.

Assalamualaikum

What do you think about Affan and his family?

Do not forget to vote and comment

Stay safe

Meena❤️