CHAPTER 16

Enjoy

"Mahmud will pick me up. You can go home." Noorie said,exhaustedly.

"I doubt if I can drive back home myself. I am tired." Asmau said and yawned.

The girls are exhausted after a long day at the hospital. They didn't think it will be that stressfull.

"Call Kaka's driver to come and pick you" Noorie said,groggily.

"Don't you want me to follow you home? Or you want spend time with your husband to be?" Asmau asked, teasingly.

"You are the only one that crack jokes when tired." Noorie said and hissed. "You better call him before Mahmud comes. I will leave you here." Noorie threatened.

"You can't." Asmau mumbled.

"I swear I am not joking. Her phone's ringing tone interrupted her.

"Hello."Noorie said after picking the call

"Hi. I am outside"

"Okay I am coming." Noorie said and ended the call.

"Mahmud is here. I am leaving. See you at home." Noorie said and picked up her bag.

"Are you seriously leaving me here?" Asmau asked looking at her.

"Do you think I am joking. By the way,even if we go home home together who will bring the car home?" Noorie asked.

"I will drive myself home. Do not worry." Asmau replied.

"I am not worried." Noorie said and rolled her eyes.

Asmau didn't give her a reply. She carried her bag and car key ready to leave.

After bading their colleagues farewell,the duo made their way outside the hospitals building. Noorie went straight to Mahmud's car while Asmau made her way towards her car and zoomed off.

"Assalamu'alaikum." Noorie said after entering the car.

"Wa'alaikum sallam." Mahmud replied.

"Thanks for picking me up." Noorie said and plastered a fake smile on her face.

"You are welcome. I can tell your day was stressful judging by your face." Mahmud said concentrating on the road.

"It was more than stressful. Those medical officers were annoying me." Noorie said and hissed. "Do this! Do that!" She mimicked.

"It will be worth it insha Allah" Mahmud prayed.

"Ameen." Noorie said and yawned.

He gave her a small smile.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate." Noorie said and alighted from the car.

"You are welcome." Mahmud said giving her a genuine smile. She returned the smile and went into the house.

The house is awfully quiet. "Maybe Asmau isn't back." She mumbled.

Noorie went to her room and took a relaxing shower. After observing her salat,she noticed there was still no sign of Asmau. She felt disquiet. She has the feeling something is wrong somewhere. She went to Asmau's room and there was no sign of Asmau there.

"Asmau! Asmau! Are you there?" She asked looking at everywhere in the room. The walk in closet was empty. She checked the bathroom and there was no sign of Asmau atall. She went downstairs to the empty livingroom.

"Asmau! Asmau! Asmau! Asmau!" She called checking everywhere. There was still no sign of Asmau. She went outside and called the gateman.

"Is Asmau back? Have you seen her?" She asked panicking.