Chapter 22

Third person's pov

"Noorie come let me introduce you to Mrs Aisha." Mrs Fatima Modibo said,smilling.

"Okay ma." She groaned and followed her.

"Hajiya Aisha this is Mahmud's fiance,Noorie. This is my friend hajiya Aisha" Fatima modibo explained.

"Good evening hajiya." Noorie said shyly with a fake smile.

"Evening my dear. Masha Allah you are so beautiful. Mahmud is really lucky." Hajiya Aisha gushed.

"Thank you ma." She smiled in appreciation.

"You are welcome dear. So when is the wedding?" Hajiya Aisha asked no one in particular.

"There is no specific date yet but very soon." Mrs Fatima replied her.

"Okay. Let it be soon please." She said,smilling.

Let her come and get me married. Let it be soon like she is the groom or bride's mother. Noorie rolled her eyes mentally. "In sha Allah (if Allah wills)" Noorie replied with a fake smile. "I will be right back ma."

"Okay Noorie." Mrs modibo replied.

"This is the seventh woman i am greeting today. I am sick and tired of all this. I am trying my best to avoid Affan and this woman is adding to my problems. Look Asmau if she tell me to greet anyone again i won't." Noorie threatened.

"Calm down Noorie. She is just introducing her daughter inlaw to her friends." Asmau said in a mockery tone. "What's bad?"

"I feel like bouncing on you right now. I swear it's not funny. I wish i can run back home. That woman is so....." she trailed off. How can i cope with her being my mother in law?" Noorie mumbled.

"You just have to cope my dear. Look she is coming towards this place." Asmau giggled.

"Look am going outside. Tell her you can't find me." Noorie said and rushed outside the hall.

"I pray she doesn't find me." Noorie mumbled under her breath. She bumped into a hard body just as she was about to go out of the hall.

"Can't you see or what. Annoying p....." She raised her head up and realised Affan was the one that bumped into her. "Oh it's you." She blushed in embarrassment. Her heart beating rapidly.

Affan couldn't say anything. He just kept staring at her. He couldn't believe his eyes. She looked so beautiful and flawless. He loves this woman more than life itself. Asmau told him she wouldn't be here. Did Asmau lie or did Noorie changed her mind?

"Affan are you okay." Noorie inquired.

"Ye..yes am okay. I..." he trailed off. "You look beautiful." He couldn't help but compliment her.

"Thank you." She blushed. Hearing this from Affan sounds so right to her.

"We are always bumping into each other. Why?" Affan asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "How have you been?." Noorie can't help but ask.

He chuckled and said "am surviving Noorie. How are you?" He inquired.

"I..i..am fine." She stuttered.

"Noorie is there anything we can do to be together?" He blurted out.

"I wish there is." She replied him.

"You mean you can't do anything?" He asked,calmly.

"I don't want to go against kaka and Goggo. They are like my parents. I...i..can't reject the proposal." She said with glistening eyes. This is so hard on her. She can't just go and say no to her grandparents. It looks rude to her. She doesn't want to be like an ingrate.