Chapter 55

Staring at herself in front of the mirror,Noorie couldn't still believe she is getting married again. She feels different from the last time she got married. Everything feels different to her.

"Alhamdulilah! You are now officially Mrs Affan Abubakar Habeeb. I am so happy." Asmau beamed and hugged her.

"Mrs Affan!" Noorie called and chuckled. She is married. She is married to Affan. It still feels like a dream to her.

"You should get ready. Your husband will be here soon." Asmau winked at her and went out of the room to look for her son.

Noorie did a happy dance and sat on the bed. Her phone rang beside her,startling her a bit. She checked the caller ID and smiled. Affan is the one calling.

"Assallamu'alaikum Mi Amor." Affan greeted. She blushed and replied him. Affan will make her go crazy one day.

"We are finally married. This is a dream come true for me. Thank you for making me do the right thing." Affan said and chuckled. Noorie rolled her eyes and ended the call. She was feeling very shy talking to him. Why does he have so much effect on her? Is this what true love is like?

Her life has really changed. She could feel the change in her. Four months ago when Fareed asked for her hand in marriage,she made it clear to him that she will never marry him. Hafsah even called her and tried to convince her. Goggo and Kaka told her to find a suitor or they will get her married to Fareed. Noorie couldn't believe her grandparent could try and force her to married Fareed the same way they forced her to marry Mahmud. She thought they would have learnt their lesson but they did not. They feel they could control her life the same way they controlled her mother's life. She told Mrs Modibbo what her grandparents are planning. She promised to help her by inviting Noorie and Affan to her house.

Noorie could clearly remember how the woman talk some sense into their heads.

"The both of you need to get serious with your life. Noorie is not getting any younger,Affan. You have to make a decision really quick. The both of you have been deceiving yourselves that you don't have any feelings for each other. I am getting old. I want to see my grandchildren. Why are the both of you wasting time?" Mrs Modibbo sat on the couch after shouting at Affan and Noorie. The both of them kept quiet staring at her like criminals who are guilty.

"I have been waiting for him to make a move." Noorie replied. Affan opened his mouth and closed it. He doesn't know what to say. Noorie is actually right. He didn't make any move and that is because he is still thinking of giving his relationship with Nawal a chance. He doesn't expect Noorie to be that blunt.

"Why are you wasting time?" Mrs Modibbo asked directing her question at Affan. He scratch the back of his head not knowing what to say. How will he make her understand? "I don't even want to know why you are wasting time. I will call Falmata tomorrow and tell her to send your uncles to Noorie's house. The adults can also help." She glared at him and carried her phone. She dialed Falmata's number and put the phone on speaker so they can all hear. She actually discussed Noorie's matter with her few days ago. She told her Affan can go ahead and marry her provided he doesn't divorce Nawal.

"Assallamu'alaikum" Mrs Modibbo greeted.

"Wa'alaikum sallam. How are you?" Falmata asked from the other end.

"I am fine. Affan is here with your daughter in law." Mrs Modibbo said making Noorie blush. Affan simply stared at the woman in front of him. She is determined to get them married.

"Nawal?" Falmata asked. Noorie frowned her face making Affan laugh at her expression. She looks funny.

"Your future daughter in law,Noorie." Mrs Modibbo replied.

"Affan hasn't said anything about her till date. I wonder what he is waiting for." Mrs Modibbo gave Affan a look and continued talking to her friend who didn't know the phone was on speaker.

"You can both leave. I guess we are done." Mrs Modibbo said dismissively. She has done her part. The rest is left to them. She separated them for her own selfish reasons and she will try and reunite them again.

Noorie chuckled staring at her bedsheet. Mrs Modibbo is more like a mother to her. They have been inseparable since Mahmud's death. His death made them closer.

"You are still sitting here?" Asmau asked holding Ahmad who was crying.

"Why is my baby crying?" Noorie got up from the bed and collect him from Asmau. Ahmad is growing up really fast. He will be seven months old next month. She still remembers when Asmau gave birth to him. She told her she won't give birth again,but here she is two months pregnant. Asmau literally cried when she found out she is pregnant. Ahmad was just four months when she got pregnant again.

"Let me feed him so you can go and get ready." She collected him and pushed Noorie to the closet. She just have to wear her cloth and touch up her makeup. Asmau sat down on the bed and mixed Ahmad's food. She is trying to stop breastfeeding him all the time. It isn't easy taking care of Ahmad and the baby in her womb.

"I am ready. Where is the makeup artist?" Noorie asked,coming out of the closet. She looks very beautiful in her dress.

"She is doing Hafsat's makeup. I will call her on phone." Asmau dialed the makeup artist's number,ignoring Ahmad who was crying. She told her to come and touch up Noorie's makeup.

Noorie sat in front of the mirror. Different thoughts were going through her mind. She was really worried about Nawal. Affan told her they will be staying together. She doesn't have a problem living with her,but the problem is will she by happy living with her? Affan told her she doesn't have any problem with her. Maybe he is just trying to calm her down. She isn't ready to fight with anybody. The makeup artist came inside the room and touch up her makeup. Affan will be here any minute from now. She is so excited.

She started talking with Affan again few days after her grandparents talked about Fareed. He was coming to their house almost everyday with the excuse that he is just checking up on Goggo and Kaka. Affan also told her about his past with Rahima. Some people can be very heartless.

Affan didn't make any move even after Mrs Modibbo talked to him. Noorie had to call him. She didn't care if she looked desperate or selfish. Someone has to be selfish sometimes.

Noorie chuckled,remembering all the things she said. The Noorie she knows wouldn't have said all those things,but it is what it is. Affan apologized and told her he just wanted to call and inform her his uncles will be coming the next day. Noorie couldn't sleep that night. She was both excited and nervous. What if her grandparent reject him? What will she do? But Alhamdulilah everything went well.

"They are here." Asmau said,interrupting her thoughts. She gulped and nodded. She is equally excited and nervous.

They are finally married 💃 who is excited?😂

Please do not forget to vote,comment and share.

I love you❤️❤️