Chapter 34

Enjoy

It's amazing that relationships can form and last under the constraints of never fully knowing. Never knowing for sure what the other person is thinking. Never knowing for sure who a person is. How well do we actually know ourselves? Can we dare to say that we really know someone,like really,really know them?

Affan thought he really knew who Rahima actually was. He thought he knew everything about her,but she proved him otherwise. 

The duo'started dating three months after they met.  Affan was so scared of loosing Rahima and hence, proposed marriage. Everyone was against it,but he managed to convince them. His father was not really happy about the marriage mainly because Affan and Rahima are still in school,but didn't say anything about it. 

They got married 3months later. Few months after the wedding,Affan was getting very busy with school. He was in his final year and needs to study harder. The couple began to enstrage. They were both busy with one thing or the other.

Today being Friday,Affan decided to surprise his wife. He noticed the space between them and promised to set everything right. He normally comes back home by 8pm. He leaves school by 5pm and goes to his parent's house,then comes back home by 8pm,but that day was different.

"Lover boy!" Alamin yelled,running towards Affan's car. Alamin won't stop calling him lover boy ever since he started dating Rahima. It was fun at first,but but it is starting to irk Affan. How can you refer to someone as lover boy in school?

"How many times will I tell you to stop calling me that. Everyone in school literally knows the name by now."

"Maybe when you become a father. I can't call you that infront of your child." Alamin shrugged and entered the car. Affan simply shake his head and also entered the car. He drove out of school and headed towards Alamin's house. His car is faulty so he didn't bring it to school today.

"Talking about being a father,how is Rahima? It been long I last saw her. How is she?" Alamin inquired.

"She is fine. We have not really been close for some weeks now. I am trying to make it up to her." Affan explained. He knows Alamin is curious to know why he left school early today. Alamin is someone he trusts so much. He tells him everything about his life.

Alamin on the other hand simply nodded. Affan knew he wanted to say something,but kept quiet. He knows Alamin like the back of his hand. He knows when he is hiding something and he is definitely hiding something.

"Alamin!" Affan called. He didn't turn,but continue driving.

"Yes!" Alamin replied.

"What are you hiding?" Affan asked. He has no time beating around the bush. Affan has always been straightforward.

Alamin sigh knowing he can't keep on hiding what he saw from his friend. He will surely find out someday,but is he in the right position to tell him?

"I went to your house the other day. I thought you were at home,but you already left home." Alamin explained. Affan nodded indicating for him to continue.

Alamin was about to say something when his phone rang. He checked the caller ID to see his mother calling. Just in time,Affan pulled over at Alamin's house.

Alamin came down from the car and signalled to Affan that he will call him tomorrow. He was talking to his mom on phone.