CHAPTER 7

Enjoy

Six years later.

Dubai United Arab Emirates

"Assalamu'alaikum everyone,my name is Hauwa Muhammad Maigoro." Taking a deep breath I continued. "Alhamdulilah. The past six years hasn't been easy. I am proud of my self. It isn't easy to be the best graduating student in the department of medcine. You all should pursue every ambition. Go as far as you can possibly dream and be the first generation to embrace a new responsibility. Congratulations to all the graduating student. I love you all." I said wiping away my tears. "I also want to thank our parents for their constant support. Without them,we won't 
be here. We really appreciate your love and care. This is for you Goggo,Kaka,ya Fareed,uncle Ameer,aunt Ruqayyah,aunt Safiyya,Asmau,Umma and to everyone who supported me. I love you all." I said amidst tears. They all cheered and clapped for me.

After the event Asmau gave me a tight hug. "I can't believe we are done." She did a happy dance.

"Alhamdulilah I am so happy." I also did the happy dance with her.

"I am so proud of my granddaughters. Thank you for not breaking the trust I had in the both of you." Kaka said,hugging me and Asmau.

"We are meant to thank you for taking good care of us. For acting as a father even though you are our grandfather. Without you and Goggo in our lives I don't know what it will be like." I said in tears. My parents doesn't care about me.

"Noorie is right. Thank you so much. I really wish Abbi and Mami are here to witness this day. I  miss them so much. You and Goggo have really tried for us. Thank you so much." Asmau said,wiping away her tears.

"Why are you girls crying? It's a happy occasion." Goggle said,hugging us even though she was blinking back her tears. I know she misses her daughter a lot.

"The both of you shouldn't cry. Asmau your Abbi and Mami are in a better place. Just keep praying for them." Goggo said trying hard to control her tears. Goggo was very close to Asmau's mum.

The last six years have not been easy with all the ups and downs I have faced,but alhamdulilah. Even though I wish my mother is here with me today. Not even a congratulation message from her. Nothing at all. It hurts.

"Picture time!" Aunt Ruqayyah said,breaking my chain of thought.

"Come here my dear lets take a picture. I will be leaving soon" Uncle Ameer said gesturing to me. I love uncle Ameer so much. He has been really nice to me and Asmau. Despite his wife's attitudes, he still makes sure we are happy.

After taking countless pictures I made my way to juwaria and eshaal.

I am going to miss the both of them when I go back to Nigeria.

"My girls looks so yummy." I said,hugging the both of them.

"We have been so busy. We forgot to even talk" Eshaal said.

"You are right Eashaal." Me and juwaria said in unison.

"Let's take a picture" Juwaria suggested.

"Asmau please help,we want to take a picture" I said extending the new iPhone 12 Kakabought for me to her.

"Okay"She replied,collecting the phone from me.

"I am going to miss the both of you so much" I said hugging them again.

"You should come and see us from time to time" Juwaria said. Eshaal is now staying in Dubai she won't be going back to her country for now.

"I will surely come" I said hugging them again. I really love the both of them so much. They have been really supportive.

My phone beeped indicating I have a new message.

"Alhamdulilah! Congratulations Lindo. You have shown hard work and determination. I am so proud of you. I wish you all the best,Lindo."

Affan! I quickly thanked him smiling. Me and Affan have been best friend for the past five years. Yes,thesame Affan I bumped into.

I kept on ignoring him but he never gave up. We are good friends. If I was told back then that me and Affan will be best friends I will just laughed. We are really close. He has always been there to cheer me up and all. He is a nice guy.

"Why are you smilling like a fool?" Asmau asked, giving me a knowing look.

"Me,smiling? I am not smiling." I said trying to keep a straight face.

"I guess you are chatting with your boyfriend." She said smirking.

"He is not my boyfriend Asmau. How many times do I have to tell you this?" Asmau derives joy from annoying me.

"Whatever! I know you won't admit it but you love him"I didn't say anything. I glared at her,wondering when she will stop saying nonsense.

I went back to the hall to say a final goodbye before going home.
...........
"We will be going to Nigeria in the next two weeks. But before that,we will all be going to paris next tomorrow. I have a meeting there so while I am having my meeting you will be having fun together." Kaka said breaking the silence that has been in the living room for a long time.

"Really!! I can't wait!" Asmau yelled.

"Thank you so much Kaka." I said,engulfing him in a tight hug.

"Please don't break my husband" Goggo said with a frown.

"Don't worry Goggo I won't break him. I love him too much to do that. Am I right Kaka?" I asked,raising my eyebrows.

"Of course you are right. I don't want your Goggo to hear that. He whispered,but loud enough for everyone to hear.

We all laughed while Goggo was glaring at Kaka.

"So let's start parking our luggage or what do you think Noorie?" Asmau asked.

"You are right,Asmau. We have a lot of parking to do." I replied.

We all retired to our rooms where I was on the phone with Affan talking about everything and nothing for almost an hour.

He went back to Nigeria last year. We have always been in touch.

"Goodnight Affan. I want to sleep. I am tired." I said feeling sleepy.

"Okay,Lindo. Goodnight. We will talk tomorrow." He said and hanged up.

Just when I was about to sleep I heard Asmau's annoying voice saying

"Noorie you are in love with this guy. The earlier you accept the truth the better it will be for you."

"For Allah's sake what is your problem? I said I am not in love with him. Why don't you mind your business?" I asked,glaring at her.

"Okay." She said,sadly.

"Look I am sorry for talking to you like that,but I don't like it when you keep saying I am in love with him. We are just friends."

"It's Okay, Noorie. Let's sleep. I am tired." She said and off the light.

I feel sad for shouting at her. She is annoying me by saying I love Affan.

Hey

How are you?

Please do remember to comment and vote.

Stay safe.

Meena