Chapter 40

Living with Nawal as Affan's wife is not really bad like he expected. They have been living together for over 6months and he doesn't have any complains. She has been the total opposite of what he expected. He doesn't know if she is pretending but whatever it is,he will find out soon.

"Aren't you going to work today?" Nawal asked Affan and sat on the bed. "Your breakfast is ready." She carried her phone and texted her mother. She wants to visit her so she wants to confirm if she is at home.

"I will be going to the site today. I haven't been there for a while." Affan replied,staring at her. He still can't believe this is the same Nawal he knows. He use to think she doesn't know how to cook or do any house chores but she proved him wrong.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked,blushing. She feels shy whenever Affan stares at her like that.

"You are the total opposite of what I expected." Affan did not bother to hide the surprise in his voice. Rahima didn't say anything,but smiled at Affan. Honestly she is also surprised.

"When are you going to the site?" She asked,changing the topic.

"By 11am." He replied still staring at her.

"You should eat." Nawal said,uncomfortably. She wasn't comfortable with the way he was staring at her. She went out of the room with Affan following her.

Affan sat on a chair in the dinning table and Nawal served his food. They both ate in silence,each lost in their thought. Affan still couldn't believe Nawal can cook. Her food tastes very good but it reminds him of a certain person. Her food tastes like Rahima's food. Is it a coincidence?

"I will be back home by 4pm. We should cook dinner together. What do you think?" Affan asked. He is not really interested in cooking with her but he just wants to know if it is a coincidence that her food tastes like Rahima's food.

Nawal on the other hand was scared. How will she cook with him when Rahima has been the one helping her? She will always send the recipe and explain to her how to cook it. It is very hard and stressful but she has no choice than to do it.

Affan noticed how nervous she was and asked if everything is okay. "Is there a problem? You can tell me if you are not comfortable." Affan knew something was not right. There is definitely something fishy. He has to find out whatever Nawal is up to.

She was about to reply him when his phone started ringing. He checked the caller ID to see his mother calling.

He picked the call,wondering why his mother is calling.

"Assallamu'alaikum ." He muttered.

"Wa'alaikum sallam. How are you and how is Nawal? I hope everything is fine?"

"Alhamdulilah we are fine."

"Masha Allah. I called to inform you I will be going to Mrs Fatima's house later and I will like you to follow me. You know she didn't attend your wedding right? So I want her to see Nawal. She has been very sad ever since Mahmud died."

"May Allah be pleased with him. I will come and pick you later."

"Okay dear. My regards to Nawal."

"Insha Allah." He sighed and ended the call. Mahmud's death brought so much sorrow to his family. His mother will always call Affan's mother crying and telling her how much she misses her son.