Chapter 52

Noorie stared at Nafisa awkwardly waiting for her to start a conversation. The duo have been sitting in the restaurant for almost five minutes. They exchanged pleasantries and sat down not knowing what to do next.

"Will you like to,uh,order anything?" Nafisa asked,breaking the silence. Knowing Noorie is not ready to say anything,she had to.

"No I am okay." Noorie forced a smile and look away. Nafisa looks more sick from the last time she saw her. The disease is really affecting her.

"I think we should talk about why we are here. We can't just keep quiet and stare at each other." Nafisa said,taking up the role of an elder sister. She can't be childish sitting there with Noorie in total silence.

"Okay" Noorie said. She is behaving as though she wasn't the one that called Nafisa. Why is have suddenly nervous infront of her?

"Mah told you about our father right?" Nafisa asked,playing with her finger.

"Mah?" She asked with raised eyebrows. Why is Nafisa calling her mother mah? They are not really close,or are they?

"Your mother. I am used to calling her that." Nafisa replied. She will be forever indebted to Salma. That woman took very care of her despite being her stepdaughter.

"Oh...." Noorie trailed off. Salma and Nafisa must be very close. "I am tired of acting. We need to talk. We need to sort out our differences." Noorie stated,staring at her. She is done keeping quiet.

"I wanted to tell you about our father that day but I was not in the right position to tell." Nafisa explained. She feels sad whenever she talks about her father. That man was not worthy of being a husband much less of a father.

"I didn't come here to talk about him." Noorie didn't care if she sounded rude. She was just being frank. She never understood her mother's hatred for that man until she found out the things he did to her. Nafisa didn't understand Noorie. If they are not here to talk about him,what are they here for? To talk about themselves? "I came here for you. You need help,Nafisa. You look very sick." Noorie explained after seeing Nafisa's confused face.

She sighed and look away. "I can't do anything,Noorie. I wish I can do something but the doctors said I don't have much time left." Nafisa blink back her tears. No one would be happy knowing you will die soon. She has been fighting cancer for more than a year. She is tired of fighting.

"You can't just sit and do nothing. You have to do something. You should consider your son. His father is no more." Noorie gulped and blink back her tears. She misses Mahmud so much even though they didn't spend much time together. "That boy is not at fault. Don't let him suffer for what he did not do." Nafisa knew Noorie was indirectly accusing her again. There is no way she can stop blaming her for what happened.

"I am tired." Nafisa muttered. "There is no cure for leukemia. What is the use of wasting money for chemotherapy?" Her son will be in good hands. Salma will take very good care if her son if Noorie doesn't. She is not really bothered about him knowing he has a grandmother who loves him dearly.

"Don't give up on life just like that. I am begging you. If not for your sake,do it for your son's sake. Don't stop taking treatments,please." Noorie beseeched with glistening eyes. How can she just give up like that?

"Okay" She smiled at her and wiped away her tears. She always thought Noorie was selfish,but she was wrong. Noorie is not selfish. She was just going through a tough time.

"Thank you." Noorie smiled back at her. She was not really comfortable around her. It will take time before she becomes comfortable around her. "Where is Mahmud? You didn't bring him?" Noorie asked referring to her son.