Chapter 51

"Where is Asmau?" Noorie asked Habibah who was holding Ahmad.

"She is in Goggo's room. Habibah replied. Noorie nodded and collected Ahmad from her. Habibah went back to the kitchen to continue cooking. The two months old look exactly like his father. Asmau will always complain about how the baby betrayed her. She said the baby is suppose to look like her not her husband.

"Ahmadidi! How are you?" She asked the baby,playing with his hand. Of course she wasn't expecting an answer from him. He looks so chubby. One would think he is four months old.

"I am fine mummy Noorie." Asmau said,coming down the stairs looking beautiful as always.

"You are not serious." Noorie rolled her eyes. She didn't make an attempt to smile at Asmau. She was emotionally stressed.

"What? I was just answering on his behalf." She sat down on the couch near Noorie. "Why is he always calm when you carry him?" Asmau asked with raised eyebrows. Ahmad never cries when he is with Noorie except if he is hungry.

"He loves me." Noorie bat her eyelashes. Asmau rolled her eyes without saying anything. She can't argue with her. Not when Ahmad is always calm when he is with his aunty.

"How is everything?" Asmau asked. She knows Noorie is going through a lot of things. Maybe she will like to talk to her.

Noorie sighed unable to utter a word. She doesn't even know if everything is fine or not.

"You can talk to me." Asmau said,staring at her.

"I don't even know what to talk about." She adjust Ahmad's head,thinking about what her mother told her about Nafisa.

"You know everything happens for a reason right? I don't want you to dwell on the matter. Just accept it as your fate and move on. Allah never burdens a soul with more than it can bear." Asmau didn't know what to say to make her feel better.

"What should I do about Nafisa and her son?" Noorie asked. That question has been bothering her ever since she found out Nafisa is her step sister. She called Mrs Modibbo and told her everything Nafisa told her. Mrs Modibbo said they will have the DNA test done with their profiles.

"Do what you think is right." Asmau replied. She can't tell her what to do. It is her choice to accept the boy as her stepson or not.

"Mahmud's mother told me the DNA result will be out today. Am I selfish for praying that the result should be negative? I feel like I can't handle it if he is Mahmud's biological son." Noorie tried to blink back her tears. She is tired of crying. She has been doing that often.

"You are not selfish,Noorie. I understand how you feel,but I want you to remember Mahmud didn't cheat on you. The boy was there before he even got married to you. Don't ever feel like he cheated you." Noorie knew Asmau is right. She doesn't know why but she feels like Mahmud cheated her. Thinking about it,he didn't cheat on her. The boy was there before he got married to her. She has no right to feel cheated. "Just pray for the best. I know everything will be okay." Asmau smiled at her and glance at her baby.

"Thank you." She smiled at her.

"You are welcome." She returned the smile and sat on the couch properly. "Ya Fareed is coming to Abuja tomorrow with his wife." Asmau said,feeling excited. She is finally going to see her brother again. He has been working on a project for the past one year.

"Really?" Noorie asked not believing her ears. Ya Fareed is finally coming back. They have not really been in touch since he got married.

"I am so excited. I can't wait!" Asmau cheered excitedly.

"Me too." Noorie smiled. Asmau is so lucky. She has a caring husband and a cute baby. What more could she ask for? Her life is almost perfect. Asmau kept blabbering about the food she will prepare for Ya Fareed and his wife tomorrow. She has to keep quiet when Ahmad started crying. She collected him from Noorie and breastfeed him. He fell asleep immediately she finished breastfeeding him. He keeps sleeping in the afternoon and stay awake at night.
............

"Welcome Ya Fareed!" Asmau hugged her brother,feeling emotional. The last time she saw him was during Noorie's wedding.

"Thank you." Fareed smiled at her. He was feeling a little sad because he missed the most important day in her life. He promised to come back to Nigeria for her wedding but luck was not on his side. He can't wait to meet his brother in law and nephew.

"I am still angry with the both of you. You didn't come for my wedding." Asmau said,referring to Fareed and his wife.

"I am sorry. Your brother was very busy so we couldn't come. We are sorry." Hafsah apologized. She wanted to come but her husband stopped her from coming. He claimed he will miss her if she comes back to Nigeria without him.

"Ya Fareed was the only busy one. Why didn't you come instead?" Asmau asked with raised eyebrows.

"I stopped her from coming because I can't let her be away from me for a long time." Fareed winked at her. She blushed and look away shyly.

"No problem. Let's go inside." Asmau opened the door and told them to sit down while she brings Ahmad from the room. She told Ya Fareed to come directly to her house before he goes to their grandparent's house.

She came back shortly,holding Ahmad who was sleeping. Hafsah collected him and cooed about how the baby is very cute. Asmau always send pictures to them but he looks more cute. She loves babies a lot but she hasn't given birth since they got married. She got pregnant a couple of times,but ended up having abortion or miscarriage.

Fareed smiled,staring at her. She is looking at Ahmad with a broad smile on her face. She looks so happy. She gets emotional whenever she sees a baby.

"I know you are both hungry. I prepared a lot of delicacies for you. Let's go to the dining table." Asmau got up and walked to the dining table with Fareed and Hafsah trailing behind her. She dish out their food,smiling the whole time. Hafsah refused to give her Ahmad back to her. Asmau understands how she feels. She can even take him along when they are leaving. He troubles her a lot.

"Where is Noorie?" Hafsah asked. She hasn't seen her since they arrived but she isn't staying with Asmau so she will be in their grandparent's house.

"She is on her way here. I don't know why she isn't here." Asmau replied,checking the time. Noorie told her she will be here before Fareed arrives.

"I miss her so much." Fareed said with a mouthful of food.

"Me too." Hafsah said,adjusting Ahmad's head. He is still sleeping.

Noorie opened the door and came inside just in time. "I am sorry Asmau." She apologize before Asmau could say anything. The girl will give an earful of how to be punctual.

"Noorie!" Hafsah called,excitedly. Noorie hugged,careful enough not to hurt Ahmad who was on her lap.

"I miss the both of you. How are you?" She asked,taking a sit beside Asmau.

"We are fine and you?" Fareed asked,smiling. He knows he has a lot to talk about with Noorie. They haven't had a proper conversation in months.

"I am fine." Noorie smiled at him and dish out food for herself. She is famished.

No one said anything after that. They ate in silence,each lost in their thought. Mrs Modibbo informed Noorie yesterday that the test result was positive. She felt numb after the news. Everything happens for a reason right? Maybe the boy also happened for a reason. Mrs Modibbo told her she will take full custody of the child. She isn't sad or anything. In fact she is happy. Mrs Modibbo will have someone that will always remind her of Mahmud.

The only thing bothering her is Nafisa's health. She still remains her sister after everything that happened. She can't just ignore her like that. Noorie called Nafisa today and told her to come to a restaurant so they can talk. They need to sort out their differences.

Assallamu'alaikum

How are you?

I have a little surprise in the next chapter😂😂don't miss it.

Goodnight❤️