Ch. 20 - Love Hurt Bleed

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
I'm not arguing!
I'm simply explaining why I'm right..."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 20 - Love Hurt Bleed

▪️A L E K S A N D R▪️

With five days left until the wedding day, one would think that I would be with my fiancée finalising things for our big day.

Instead of being at the villa doing just that, I was at home, in my office. I was growing increasingly impatient with each passing second, doing my best to keep my cool and not raise my voice.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I shifted my stance slightly as I continued to lean against the edge of my desk. For the past thirty minutes, I had been trying to reason with an irate Jade Calvetti who was wearing a hole into the rug as she walked in circles, while her husband sat on my couch staring aimlessly out the window.

It was clear that Dominic was annoyed and would rather be anywhere else but here. His eyes seemed to be focused on the passing clouds while he drummed his fingers on the arm of the chair he was sitting on.

Honestly, I did not blame him, as sometimes his wife could be a bit much.

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a boss, yet when a woman gives her opinion, she's labelled as a fucking bitch!" Jade huffed as she paced about.

Rubbing my hand over my face, I countered, "I never said you were a bitch, Jade!"

"Maybe not in those exact words, but you haven't been taking my views seriously!" she opposed with an exaggerated swing of her arms.

Arching an eyebrow, I stated, "That's because what you're proposing is not only insane, but very dangerous."

"Dominic!" Jade whined, trying to get his attention, "Aren't you going to back me up? You know the plan makes sense!"

Dragging his eyes away from the window, he looked at her and said, "Tolstoy said no, I cannot override his authority on this! Litizia is his woman, not yours, not mine."

With a huff, Jade stopped mid-stride and blurted, "We could always change tha–"

Narrowing my eyes, my voice deepened as I cut her off and warned, "If I were you, I'd be very careful about finishing that sentence..."

Pressing her lips together, she remained silent as she looked at her feet.

"Come on, Jade, let's not argue about this anymore," I said in a less severe tone.

One could only imagine how happy I was that Litizia was upstairs in her painting room. I really did not want to involve her in anything mafia related, at least not so soon and definitely not with something so dangerous.

Turning her gaze back at me, Jade pouted, "I'm not arguing! I'm simply explaining why I'm right!"

"Blyat', da ebis' ono vse konyom!" I cursed saying screw it all.

There really was no reasoning with her at times and she was beginning to wear my patience thin. With a snarl, I ran a frustrated hand through my hair as I pushed off from the desk and walked to the nearest window.

Jade then suddenly suggested, "How about we ask Zia and see what she says?"

"No!" I stated while turning to face her once again.

She wiggled her mobile phone in her hand as she stated, "Oops, too late!"

"Jade..." Dominic's voice was low as his eyes focused on her.