Ch. 6 - Tattered And Torn

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Sometimes you just need the happiness
fucked back into your soul."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 6 - Tattered And Torn

▪️L I T I Z I A▪️

After having breakfast with Aleksandr earlier, he had thanked me by kissing the back of my hand which, I had to admit, threw me off a bit.

He had told me that, should I need anything, I could always reach him on his mobile phone. With those parting words, he had left me standing in the kitchen slightly dazed, the scent of his cologne lingering in the air as the back of my hand still tingled from where his lips had been.

I then spent some time in my room, unpacking my clothes into the walk-in closet, before getting ready for the day.

By the time Jade arrived with her entourage, I was more than eager to head out. However, I was surprised when she got out of the SUV with a familiar person walking behind her and my mood instantly soured.

The leggy blonde was a young woman by the name of Natasha, whom I had met on my visits to The Purple Angel. She was one of Aleksandr's girls, one of his best actually, and she proudly displayed the intricate tattoo around her neck as she wore a thin strap white skater dress.

Seeing the gorgeous ink design on her skin had me frowning slightly as I felt tattered and torn on the inside.

I did not understand why Jade brought her along, but I figured that since the two of them were close, Jade was perhaps hoping for me to form a bond with Natasha as well. Especially since I did not have any friends.

So, I sucked it up and tried my best to push my judgements aside.

Aleksandr had told Sergey and Viktor to ensure that I was protected at all times. They each had a nine-man team with them, a total of eighteen, which I thought was overkill. But to my surprise, unlike my uncle's men, they kept their distance.

As a result, this allowed Jade, Natasha, and myself to explore the large luxury department store without feeling stifled.

Since my wedding to Aleksandr would take place within the next month, Jade wanted to get an idea about my tastes. Which is why she had taken me out today, wanting to get my opinion on certain things.

I was not sure why we were even bothering to have a fancy wedding since it all was really just for show. However, my uncle had insisted on it, stating that it would be an embarrassment to the family's name if there was no ceremony.

In the end, I had done as he commanded.

Although I had to admit, Jade was making the process a lot more fun than I had expected. So much so, that I even found myself looking forward to trying on my wedding dress next week which was currently being custom made.

We were idly walking around a BDSM-themed lingerie store. How we ended up in here, Jade alone knew.

Over the last few hours, I had been getting to interact with Natasha on a more personal level, away from the distractions of the club. I was able to find out more about her. My impression of her was that she was a nice girl, very friendly, but there was also a sadness about her.

Unfortunately, I just could not shake the slight feeling of discomfort knowing that she worked for Aleksandr. It just felt awkward on my end as I could not help but wonder how many times they had slept together.