Ch. 21 - Dead Man Walking

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Do I even want to know?"

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 21 - Dead Man Walking

▪️A L E K S A N D R▪️

Later that night, I stood in the pavilion overlooking the track below, waiting for the race to start.

The tournament took place every two years on neutral ground in one of the neighbouring states near Aelbank City. There was a grand hotel

I opted to stay in the hotel's lounge with Dominic while Jade went down to the tracks.

In a way,

Not to mention it was a good place to network as well as to spy on rivals, so our presence here was not out of place.

"I thought I might see you here!" said as he came to stand next to me.

"You must have a death wish to approach me so casually," I sneered as I towered over the man, my eyes looking down at him.

Taking a step back, he chuckled softly as he ran a hand through his dark hair, "What can I say, I'm taking advantage of the amity that's being enforced. I thought perhaps we could have a little chat?"

I had a good idea of what he wanted to talk about, so I humoured him and said, "Go on."

"How much do you want for Litizia? I'll pay you more than what you paid Carlo," Michele stated, his hazel eyes gleaming.

Turning to face him fully, I did my best to keep my composure.

My hands itched to punch him out, wanting to wipe that haughty look off his face. I knew that he was an arrogant bastard, most men his age were. Hell, I had been twenty-five once. But his generation did not seem to understand the concept of respect.

I supposed that helping his father run a mafia at his age made his ego larger than life. As my eyes took in his stance, I had to give him credit for being brave enough to come up to my face and ask such a question.

"You really don't value your life, do you?" I asked with an arched brow.

"Come now, Mr. Tolstoy, I don't mean to insult you. But I know you don't seriously intend to keep her. Everyone knows you're only marrying her to secure the D'Apolito lands and businesses as Carlo refused to sell to the Aelbank alliance unless one of the big boys married his niece. I'm sure you're planning to divorce her in a year or so, once everything has been finalised, am I correct?" Michele enquired, his tone a bit too chipper for my liking.

He was lucky we were on neutral territory and not allowed to break the code of peace, because he would have been dead already.

"Tell me something, did Litizia cause a clot to travel to your brain when she stabbed you in the thigh?" I asked, noticing his entire demeanour change at the mention of the incident. "Because you're not making much sense. I can't understand why you want her back, when it's your own fault that you lost her in the first place."

"That bitch needs to learn her plac–," he choked as he suddenly found himself being pushed against a wall, my hands holding him by his collar as I raised him into the air.

Dominic was immediately at my side, as well as a few armed security guards that were in charge of keeping the peace. Everyone within the vicinity stopped to stare, whispering among themselves as they took in the scene before them.

"Tolstoy, you need to let him down," Dominic said calmly.

Michele gasped, my hold stifling him as I snarled in his face, "You stay away from my wife, do you understand me?"