13] Hana

On the way home Sunghoon had been quiet and said nothing to ether of them. Hana desperately wanted to know what her mother and Sunghoon had talked about, but she got nothing out of him. Did she scold him? No her mother wasn't like that to new ones... 

They all walked side by side at the sidewalk and she saw how they soon would reach the crossing where Niki takes off to his own home. Which meant that Sunghoon and her would walk alone. All this awkward silence made her shiver, she felt like she was gonna faint from all these tense feelings she was feeling in her body. 

As soon as they reached the crossing all of them stopped in their tracks, having all eyes on Niki. He sighed as he looked down, but soon looked up again with a smile on his face. 

"I'll see you guys in school" he waved at them as he left them alone with each other. 

Sunghoon started walking, but Hana was still standing behind not moving an inch at all. Sunghoon must've quickly sensed that she wasn't with him since he was soon back in front of her again. 

"Hana... Are you okay?" was she really? This tense situation was killing her, as well did the worrying feelings she had for her mother right now. Sunghoon laid a hand on her shoulder for support, trying to look her in the eye since she was looking down. 

"Did my mom say something to you? Something bad or anything about me and Niki?" she asked rubbing her arm out of nervousness. He didn't answer her question right away, it was like something was in his head, screaming to be let out. 

"She just wanted me to keep on being with you guys. She just asked a little about who I am, you know to trust me" he answered her with a smile, which immediately made mer smile. Damn that smile really has an impact on her. 

Without saying anything both of them started walking again, first stopping at Hana's house to drop her off. Hana still didn't understand why Sunghoon had to walk to her house when they lived in front of each other. But when she asked he always answered "to make sure that you get home and in safely. Something could happen as soon as I turn around" and everytime he said it, her heart fluttered. He cared a lot for her, which made her want to do something for him everyday too. 

"Hana before you walk in" Sunghoon blurted out, he sounded like he hesitated at first. Like he shouldn't have said it. She turned around and looked at him with big hopeful eyes. "Do you wanna go out- do you wanna meet me this weekend?" 

_______________________

The house felt quiet. There was no music from downstairs for when her mother was preparing dinner. As soon as Hana had stepped inside she did some house cores just to make it feel like a normal day. But as the day continued, it definetily felt like a different day. She could definetily tell if her mother was gone or not, because they mostly did the same things everyday. It sounded boring, but for her, it made her feel safe. 

She then remembered what happend a few hours ago. Do you wanna meet me this weekend?  She had stood there completely frozen, feeling her heart beat faster and faster. She was sure even Sunghoon might've heard her heart beat. It was the postitive thing that kept her going today. It made her see light in this day. Even if she had stood there totally speechless, she let out the word that she thought would make her legs tap out. Just that simple "yes". 

But something that was still bugging her was still what her mother told Sunghoon. He had looked a bit nervous when she asked him earlier, but she didn't wanna assume that he was lying. She trusted him. So what could she lose out of it really? 

Her growling stomach broke her out of her thoughts which made her sigh. She didn't have any energy to make food, but also didn't wanna spend any money for take out, which made her drag herself downstairs. She turned on some muic on the speaker to get the home feeling and started making herself some food. Trying to keep all her thoughts away. 

"Come on Hana, you're better than this" she tried to encourage herself. So much things happened in one week that she couldn't get herself together. She was going into a new week soon and if all this continued she would probably go crazy. 

In one week she met new friends, got her brother back after several years and suddenly had to see her mother in the hospital. Now she even had a "meeting" with her new friend. It confused her if it was a little meet up, friendly meeting or a... date? Nono she stopped her thoughts, it's been a week he just wants to meet up. 

All these thoughts had stopped her cooking and without realising the boiling pasta on the stove had started boiling like crazy. She sighed at herself and turned it off, hoping that he pasta wasn't overcooked. 

Her mind was like a whole neverending ping pong battle, where the little ball was her thoughts and dilemmas. Sunghoon couldn't possibly have meant a date righ? It's been a week since they got to know each other and suddenly he asked her to see him. He didn't name anyone else but did he- 

"Shit..." she said, feeling her skin burn from the warm cooking water. She was so into her mind that she had poured the hot water onto her upper hand. Dropping the pot and colander that he pasta was going into, in the sink, she threw herself over the water tap to get cold water onto it. 

She finished the food with a bag of ice on top of her hand. The pasta was indeed overcooked but the rest tasted decent. The red mark on her hand would definetily bother her for the continuing days. How bad could this day actually get...?