20] Sunghoon

Hana where are you?

Sunghoon had stood frozen in his place as he watched Hana leave the school halls. Both him and Niki stood their quiet in their place as they couldn't utter a single word to each other. Even if he knew that she wouldn't take the news well, he didn't want her to find out this way. Without another word Sunghoon had also left the school and was now on the run to find Hana. He didn't know where Niki was now, if he was following or not, he didn't care.

Before he checked her home he wanted to see if she was still outside. Maybe at the park or somewhere outside of their neighbourhood as he knew how much she loved to be outside. He remembers that Hana once said that being outside calmed her nerves, because she could just be by herself, breath in the air, and live in the moment. But now if he found her outside he would also feel guilty. Because after all he kept this secret from her and for her to go home and not see her mother by the door or come home during the day is probably going to crush her, and it would crush Sunghoon too.

But as he searched around he could never find her. No Hana at the park and no Hana near the neighbourhood.

"What if... no" Sunghoon started as he was thinking outloud. Jay had suddenly caught his mind, he remembered that Jay usually goes home before them since he wanted to give Sunghoon and Hana alone time. Even if Sunghoon refused and said it's nothing like that.

_________________

"Sooo" Jay said showing up at his locker unoticed.

"So?" Sunghoon repeated since he had no idea what Jay was referring to.

"Have you asked her out yet?" So it was that question... Sunghoon just sighed at the question. It was no different to every other time Jay asked if he met someone.

Even if Jay is Sunghoon's closest friend and knows Sunghoon's fear of commitment and getting close to someone, he couldn't stop being excited if he even saw the slightest sparkle in his eyes when his best friend met a girl.

"Jay you know-"

"Yeah I know. Commitment" Jay said cutting off what Sunghoon was about to say. "You know I would never forget that. I just really think that you have the interest in her and if I could or can one day, I really wanna help you and see you go into a relationship with someone" Sunghoon just smiled, if that ever happened one day it would feel magical. "Also, I know you're staying overtime to show her around, so I will be going home earlier so that you two can walk home alone. Usually I would wait but this is the perfect moment. So I will see you tomorrow!" Jay continued and left without letting Sunghoon speak another word.

Sometimes Sunghoon couldn't help but feel sad about his fear, because if he could just overcome it he could start over in a new era in his life. Maybe Hana could be that era?

__________________________

He took small steps into their neighbourhood and scanned every area of it, and there she was. She sat on her porch with her knees under her chin. The sight of her made Sunghoon's heart ache. He was the cause of her pain, and it did not help that what he caused was about her family.

"I have to tell her" he thought to himself. But what if she doesn't want to listen? He has caused her enough pain.

He felt how he had froze in his place and with small steps he started walking up to her, but immediately stopped again as he saw her front door open. And out came, what he thought he was insane about thinking, Jay. He came out with a cup in his hands, left it in hers and walked over to his own house. What immediately hit Sunghoon's head was "how long has Jay been here?" and did she tell him what he did? How will Jay look at him now then?

"Okay Sunghoon no more overthinking, you got this..." he whispered to himself. Either this ends well or it ends badly. But Hana deserves t0 know the truth about her mother, and if that means she no longer wants to see him. So be it. As long as she knows.

With small steps Sunghoon slowly went up to Hana without a word. She didn't seemed to have heard him since she was still staring into nothing. Her eyes were just looking forward as if she didn't know where to look. She looked... lost? He felt his heart beat faster and faster, his stomach wasn't feeling well as he felt himself wanting to throw up out of nervousness. Inhaling a big breath he stopped midway and forced the words to come out.

"Hana..." his voice caught her off guard and he nervously watched her turn her head towards him. Making their eyes meet. He heard her let out a big sigh, he knew immediately that he was not wanted her right now. But there was no going back now.

"Sunghoon could you-"

"I know, I shouldn't be here. I know damn well I shouldn't... but please. Please just listen to me. There's a another story to this that I want you to hear and if it means that you will walk away from me and hate me forever then so be it! I just want you to know the truth about your mother. Because she told me everything"