21] Hana

Hana was still sitting down, she let go of her legs and stood up with shaky legs.

"What do you mean 'she told you everything'?" Was there something that Hana didn't know about her own mother? But why would Sunghoon know something like that? And if Niki had told him something why didn't he tell her first? She's his sister.

Sunghoon opened his mouth but nothing came out, she heard how he struggled with choosing the words as there was a lot he wanted to say. It started to frustrate her. She was just giving him time right now, what if he's just here to lie? Is that why he can't speak? Why is it suddenly so hard for people to tell the truth? Lies only lead to the unwanted truth and here she is waiting stressfully for an answer.

"Sunghoon if there's something you want to say please just say it. I'm done waiting, I'm done waiting for everything. I'm always the one who has to wait for others. I waited for my dad to bring back Niki to me one day, for my mom to return from the hospital. I even..." she stopped herself as she felt the tears burn in her eyes now. "I even waited for you to tell me more about your feelings for me" she looked down at her feet, feeling the embarrassment flow over her. She could feel his worried gaze burn into her, but she couldn't take it anymore. "After all, I thought you were lying to me since you never said a word about it again. So I gave up. So if you were lying, at least don't lie to be about my mother"

She looked up again, only to see Sunghoon standing closer in front of her. Her body was feeling tense and she was clenching her fists as she wanted her tears to stop flooding down her cheeks. But it felt impossible, because this is what she's been wanting to do for so long. Let it all out. As she cried she felt the pain in her heart beat it's way out through the tears, but it also felt good as she finally showed someone her true feelings. It had all started when Niki went away with her dad, she only had her mother and as everyday passed she patiently waited for them to show up at her doorstep. But they didn't and she lost her hope. She had felt herself walk into an unknown darkness and as she barely thought about herself she started to forget herself.

Without a word she felt two arms wrap around her, starting of as a lose grip from Sunghoon. He leaned his head onto hers and just held her. Letting her be herself in his embrace, having nothing to be embarrassed of.

"Before continuing anything about my own feelings I wanted you to know about your mother first. I wanted to put you first as this is something regarding you and your family. Something I shouldn't know about, but it was not my choice. I wanted to tell you by myself where I had your focus and could tell you the full story as to why I know. I didn't want you to find out this way. So please let me tell you at least, and after that you can hate me" she didn't answer him, she just wrapped her arms around his waste for now. Because this was the moment where she felt safe with someone else than her mother.

____________________________

Hana had let him into her house and told him to wait in the living room. He was sitting in there alone waiting for Hana to finish up in the bathroom. Her cheeks were burning red and dry from the tears, before letting him talk she at least wanted to stop crying. She wanted to fully let go of the embarrassment as there was nothing to be embarrassed of. And somehow with Sunghoon, she didn't felt the need to be. He didn't say anything, he didn't judge her, he just let her be her.

She walked back out and as there eyes met he immediately stood up.

"Are you okay? Don't feel pressured to say anything I can go home, or I can just-"

"It's okay, really..." she started and sat down in the separate couch in front of him. "Just please tell me now"

She watched Sunghoon change his position. He sat with his elbows on his knees and he was leaning forward on them, looking her right in the eyes and she could see the pain and nervousness in them. It made her nervous herself for what was coming.

"It started when we visited your mother at the hospital..."