17] Hana

Making her way to school she couldn't stop thinking of Sunghoon's words. It was the last time they had seen each other since weekend continued as usual. She didn't know if he knew that she heard, she didn't wanna guess either . It was the last thing she heard before falling asleep. Would he had said it if she were awake? She would lie if she said that she didn't feel something for him. He has been the one to take care of her ever since she got here. 

Stepping inside of the school halls it was still pretty calm, Hana was early today since Niki had an early class and she wanted to talk to him during the hour between his next class and her first coming up. 

As Hana was picking out stuff from her locker class after class started getting dismissed which meant that she could walk over to Niki's classroom now. She left her other stuff in the locker and went off into the corridors. She kept a high pace since she had told Niki earlier to just wait outside the classroom. The further she walked the corridors suddenly got more empty. Either everyone had already went to their next class or they hung out by the cafeteria to study. She started hearing voices just as she was about to round the corner which made her stop, not wanting to interupt who ever it was. 

"She told you what?!" she heard, the voice also being Niki's. Who's he talking to? 

"I don't know why she told me that... But for the sake of Hana's happiness right now. I can't tell her" Sunghoon. She got her answer quite fast. She felt bad eavesdropping but upon hearing her name she couldn't help but get more curious about the topic. 

"I understand why, and I'm happy that you're telling me. I will break it to her as well, just... please take care of her. Hana means a lot to me and I'm happy to be back with her again. I can't see her go through more pain again" Niki's words made Hana tear up. She was standing around the corner quietly drying her happy tears while listening. She knew there was something else behind it, but Niki's words made her heart feel all warm. She had missed him more than anything all these years and she felt exactly the same. 

While the dried her tears she stopped listening to their conversation, wanting to walk out there like nothing had happened. She checked in her phone camera if there were any signs of tears, it didn't seem to be. She took deep breaths in and out until she backed away to walk around the corner. If it looked like she had walked a few meters it would be less suspicious. 

They both stopped talking and smiled as they saw her. Running up to Niki she hugged him without saying anything. Right now it looked like she was the younger sibling based on their height since Niki was as tall as Sunghoon was. Making Hana being as tall as right under Niki's chin. While Niki hugged her back she looked back at Sunghoon, mouthing out a "hi" to him with a smile, making him wave back as an answer. His smile was big upon seeing both of them, which made her smile back at him as well. 

They started walking back to the lockers and stopped at Niki's. Sunghoon was leaving to meet up with Jay, leaving the two siblings alone. 

"Hey have you talked or visited mom in a while?" Hana said breaking the silence. The question immediately made Niki stop in his tracks. "What? Has something happened to her? Niki please-" 

"She is fine Hana" Niki said putting his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down please, you're already stressing" he said feeling her shoulders shaking from the sudden panic she felt. She nodded and took deep breaths, trusting Niki with it.  

They walked outside the school, it was a sunny day and they found a perfect bench to just sit and talk at. It was a picnic table type of bench which meant that Sunghoon and Jay could join later on.  

_____________________

The hour passed by fast when they talked. Talking about old memories, their parents and also their friends made Hana completely forget about her worries and instead she thought about how much she had missed of Niki growing up. Because of their parents Hana and Niki got seperated and Hana missed all the moments of seeing her younger brother growing up. 

While walking to class she couldn't get that out of her mind. It made her feel bad about herself even if it wasn't her fault. Sunghoon soon caught up with her, probably noticing her sulky face. Hana didn't say anything to him, she didn't care that he suddenly saw her sad. She then felt his hand sneak into his, taking her by surprise. But she didn't let go, she only held it tighter. When she looked up at him, he only had a small reassuring smile on his face. 

"Whatever it is, it will be okay" he said, letting his thumb caress the top of her hand. The action made her smile, trying to hide the blush that was forming on her face. 

They soon joined Jay in class and as they walked in they saw how Jay smirked immediately. Ever since they started hanging out Jay has been the one to always ask those questions about if they're together and if not, when will they get together? Hana wasn't bothered by it, she more thought that maybe Jay was the one who needed to start seeing people. She was waiting for it so she could tease him with the same questions. 

As Hana was gonna sit down by her seat she felt Sunghoon pull her hand again. She turned around, meeting his eyes immediately as he was leaning down. Hana was confused at what he was doing, until he leaned down beside her head and whispered, 

"Can I take you somewhere after school, I have to tell you something" he said, they were still holding hands and she felt how his hand was starting to sweat and shake. 

"Hey are you okay-" 

"Yes I'm fine... can I?" he said completely ignoring her question to keep going. 

"Yes of course" she answered making him let go and take his seat. 

Hana sat down slowly, completely confused at why Sunghoon suddenly changed mood from warm to cold. Was he gonna say something bad? Did she do something? 

Park Sunghoon today you've clearly only been a mystery.