18] Sunghoon

You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her.You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her. You have to tell her.

These thoughs were all that Sunghoon could think about. He couldn't keep it from her anymore. He told Niki what it was earlier this morning and even if he felt shocked he seemed to have understood very well. But taking advice from the girl's brother, yes the right choice is to tell her soon. And that will be today. Sunghoon brought out his phone while the teacher looked away, he had to tell Niki at least.

Sunghoon

I'm telling her today

Niki

Wait what?! Are you sure? I just found out about this as well, she can't know all of this at the same time.

Sunghoon

They're both about the same thing Niki. She needs to know...

He put down his phone and sighed, this is not going to be easy at all.

__________________________

When the day was over Sunghoon waited for Hana by her locker. She had left something behind and had to go get it so he offered to just wait. He brought out his phone while waiting, still no messages from Niki after earlier. Hopefully he feels like Sunghoon is doing the right thing.

"Sunghoon!" he then heard behind him, that voice being Niki's. "Are you really sure now?" Niki asked as he was trying to catch his breath, he had probably been running around a lot while searching for him. Sunghoon couldn't use words, he just nodded. He was feeling really nervous and Hana would probably hate him after this. "Look I know you feel the need to tell her but let me break it to her first-"

"Niki I can't wait anymore" Sunghoon interupted. "And I don't see how you can either" he continued. They were too busy discussing this to realise that they were in big echoing school halls. Everyone had ended for the day so it was only them left in the corridor.

"Sunghoon" Niki started. "This is my family. It's me and her. Luckily she is eighteen and can live alone but our mom was all she had" Sunghoon just nodded. This was their family business but somehow Sunghoon got dragged into it from the start.

"Was...?" was heard in the corridor and it made both of them look at each other with big eyes.

Hana... They totally forgot that she was still here since the conversation got too hectic. The classroom was only around two corners away but she made it back quicker than Sunghoon thought she would. Niki accidentaly said it without thinking...

"Hana listen to me-" Niki started as he approached her slowly. She was standing all frozen a few meters away from them.

"No Niki!" she cut him off with a scream, making it echo. "Tell me the truth now! I don't wanna hear any explanations from any of you! Just say it!"

Sunghoon and Niki just stood there. Their hearts were beating faster and faster, knowing that they have messed this whole thing up. If they tell her everything now she will know what she has to know. But it was not the way it was supposed to come out at all. Niki was trying to control the situation but Sunghoon couldn't do anything else than just stare.

"Hana... Mom is... She passed away a few days ago" Hana let out a yelp, making Sunghoon's heart ache. He took a step forward to immediately hug her but stopped as he saw how she backed away from them immediately.

He watched how Hana slowly fell onto the floor as she couldn't breath from all the sobs and tears that suddenly appeared. He wanted to walk up to her and hug her, but Niki held him back. Sunghoon kept trying to move forward towards her but Niki kept stopping him. Eventually Sunghoon broke through the grip and landed on his knees in front of her.

"Hana..."

"Was this what you were going to tell me?" Hana got out through her sobs.

Sunghoon couldn't answer, he only let out a small "mhm". Hana was trying to smile through her pain, almost laughing since she probably couldn't believe how much of an idiot Sunghoon is right now. He felt it himself and he knew he was an idiot for letting thing being the way they were.

"Hana, listen to me okay?" he asked. He had to break it to her now, she already hates him might as well make her hate him even more...But Sunghoon didn't get to tell her what it was. She just shook her head no which made him sigh.

"Did you know from the start?" his breath hitched. Keeping his tears in he felt it building up in his throat. "Park Sunghoon..." she started. "Answer me now or you won't see me again" she continued as she dried tear after tear that was now laying peacefully on her cheeks.

As an answer to her question he nodded, making her sigh. He already knew before Niki. He tried to take her hand into his but she only pulled away. As she stood up he was quick up on his feet as well, only to be left alone as she was walking towards the doors. If she leaves now it's probably over for him. But there was nothing that he could do. The damage was done. He was only back into his old self, she was gonna leave...

Running after her she seemed to have heard it immediately since his footsteps echoed in the hall. She stopped in her tracks which made Sunghoon stop as well. He was desperate to make her stay, she could punch him right now and he knew that he deserved it.

"Why didn't you tell me from the start?!" Hana suddenly said as she turned around.

"Hana I didn't wanna hurt-"

"And keeping it from me wasn't gonna hurt me in the end?!" she said as her cheeks were now red from the tears.

Niki was still standing at the back, this was probably why he didn't want Sunghoon to intervine with it. Because he knew that it would end up like this.

"Sunghoon I heard you that day..." she started making Sunghoon look up at her in shock. He knew exactly what she was talking about. The words he wanted her to hear in a more meaningful way than just her half asleep. "I actually believed that I might actually like you as well. And I probably still do... but" she couldn't continue her words. Sunghoon could feel his heart ache as she kept going with every word. Every word felt like getting a dagger to the heart on and on again. All because he couldn't be honest with her.

"Hana listen Sunghoon isn't at fault-"

"Niki please... Let's take this another time" she said as he hitched her breath. As all the tears had started falling her breath had also been held in and with every word she said more tears came out as she couldn't keep it inside of her. Sunghoon couldn't do anything but to watch. He wasn't allowed near her presence.

What he was most afraid of was to lose her. It didn't matter in what way he just didn't want her out of his sight. He wanted her there all the time. There for him to love, cherish, make happy and whatever more thing that could make the smile on her face appear. But if she turns her back on him soon he knows it was over for him.

And it was exactly what she did.