27] Hana

Standing at her locker Hana had froze into place. She was just staring into it looking at her books. Still not recalling what happened just a few minutes ago. She had her hood over her head and her backpack in hand. Class was starting in a few minutes and her stomach was empty as both of them had skipped lunch to talk.

"And that I finally knew what it was like to have feelings for someone" As soon as those words had left his lips she thought back to that day, because he did say that he liked her. But then her mom being at the hospital became prio one and since then they obviously never talked because of the whole incident later on.

Thinking back on her reaction, she just wanted to run up those stairs again and redo everything.

"Sunghoon I-" She wasn't expecting to hear that from him when she left him that note. She just wanted to sort things out because she couldn't stand being alone anymore. "I'm sorry" she said and then left the roof without another word.

Was it really so easy right now? Deep down Hana knew she felt feelings she couldn't even describe. Feelings only Park Sunghoon could answer to. But could she really be ready to love now? When life was at its lowest like this? She didn't want it to seem like she did it for the company or for the loneliness. Everything had been spinning since the day her mom was gone. She didn't even know what her dad felt or knew about this situation. Was she gonna live with them now? She was old enough to live alone and take care of herself and if any problems occurred her dad and brother is around the corner of the neighbourhood. But if she still felt the loneliness of her mom's lost presence, how could she then tell Sunghoon that he is not just someone to fill in the space.

That she is actually in love with Park Sunghoon.

——————————————————

Walking home alone started to be something Hana was getting used to. She hadn't even seen Niki the last couple of days, not with Sunghoon either so Hana just took a quick guess that he is at home with dad. They haven't even talked about their mom, which is another part she feels guilty in. Her focus had been on Sunghoon so much, that they hadn't even been able to talk about their own mother together since she passed.

Soon reaching her door she saw from far away that someone was sitting by her doorstep. Head in their hands in a black hoodie, jeans and a cap. The cap made it impossible to identify the person. She started slowing down her tracks when she felt the nervousness rise, who could it be? She obviously wasn't expecting anyone. Sunghoon was still in school since Hana had left the rooftop in a rush, Niki should also still be in school and her mother didn't have any friends outside of work which she spent a lot of time at.

She reached the doorstep and tried to hide a little behind the wooden fence that was covering the house.

"Jay?"

When Hana saw his face she immediately walked up in front of him. Sure he lived in the house beside Sunghoon's which was in front of hers, but they still didn't spend a lot of time together outside school or without Sunghoon.

"Hi Hana, I'm sorry to just wait here at your doorstep. I thought you were home already" Jay had answered, she heard how his voice was shaking. That he was nervous.

"It's okay really, but why wait here? Do you wanna talk? Is it about school today?" Jay just nodded. That being said she also took a seat beside him. She tilted forward to indicate that whatever he has to say, she is now listening.

"I'm sorry that I raised my voice at you like that. It's just that lately... it really feels like I lost Sunghoon. And I don't wanna say because of you, because it's not. It's definitely not your fault. I can't do anything but blame myself really. I was so happy to see Sunghoon finally give his heart for someone, that he was finally letting go of the whole curse thing he had going on in his head. His whole life he has believed that just if someone got to know him, they would somehow get into trouble or just leave somehow. Now that he gave his heart for someone and I maybe pushed it too hard, it felt like I lost him. Made him into someone he isn't" Hana just took in his words and nodded. She had seen that Sunghoon and Jay had talked less and less. And now she felt guilty that she might've been the cause of it.

"I mainly came to say that I'm sorry, but also that you and Sunghoon have come very far right now. And I know that you make him happy. I know that me and him have stuck by each other's sides mostly our entire lives. Sometimes it feels like it looks like he only needs me, but in reality, I need him more than he could ever imagine. He is my best friend and is really important to me..." by now tears had started to roll down Jay's cheeks, but also Hana's. Hearing the story of these two really got to her, but also how it must be hard for Jay to even tell Sunghoon how much he means to him when he knows how Sunghoon feels about closure.

His tears had started forming even more and soon she could hear his hiccups as well. Her heart was hurting for him the minute he apologised, because she didn't feel like he needed to. Her hand went up to his shoulder, giving it a rub before slowly pulling him into a hug. He had held her tight, that type of hug where you just can sense and feel that he needed it.