≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 at the voice in my ear I run a hand down my face. "Do you really think I'd be talking to you right now if I was being held captive? No. Now put Blair on the phone."

Sitting at the kitchen counter I watch as Gal hides a laugh behind a smile and continues searching through the draw. For what? I don't know. The sound of my apartment whistles through the phone as the quest to find Blair becomes high on Maddie's things to do. Elias utters something in the background that I can't really make out, but it causes his girlfriend to scoff and I assume hit him with a pillow. Because the line was suddenly full of incomprehensible sounds.

"Addy, where the hell have you been? Bed empty! No note! You could've died! You could've been killed!" Finally, Blair was put on the phone and her screaming voice pierced through me like a pin to the eardrum.

I hold the phone away from my ear, at a distance, I'd really appreciate not going deaf in one ear before I turn seventy. Surprisingly, I could still hear her bellowing away as if I was a thirteen year-old and she was my mother. Gal lifted her head and arched a single eyebrow at what she saw and could hear. I just gave her a smile, a silent expression that said 'I deal with this daily, don't worry'.

"Can you stop quoting Harry Potter for just a second and calm down. I might have something to say that will ease your crazy mind." She was going to protest but I guess the need to breathe won out in the end and she quieted down. "I'm sorry, I didn't call sooner. I really am, but I'm not hurt, I'm okay."

There's an audible sigh of relief on the other end of the line. "Where are you?" At the question my eyes immediately find Gal, she was flipping through a phonebook, probably trying to find the number for a take-out restaurant.

I couldn't help but smile as I gazed over her, she was flawless in looks and personality, and I had no idea how that was possible but it managed to get me hooked. Badly. So there's a problem, I should just say that I'm at a friend's house but even classing Gal as a friend seems... wrong because she's so much more than that.

"I'm staying with someone." I don't know how but that sounded worse and I frowned at myself because of it. I was at a loss for words, how do I explain this without jeopardising Gal's career while also giving her the credit she deserves? It an impossible task.

"You're not at Savannah's are you?" I could practically see the suspicious eye-narrowing on Blair's face as she asked the question.

"No, why would I stay with her?" My face had scrunched up and I was aware of the throbbing coming from the side of my face. The slap still fresh in my mind and frankly I don't think I'll ever forget it.

But back to the point, I was getting nowhere with Blair and she was as bad as Maddie. It was question after question and they demanded answers which put me on the spot. During this interrogation I leant over, elbows on the bench as I rubbed my eyes. You know, I never thought anything would be this stressful. I mean, they're ruthless. However, my previous comment must've gained Gal's attention because I heard a soft whisper of my name. I look up to find her amused, holding in a laugh as she gestures for my phone which only causes me to frown and tilt my head.

I watch nervously as she gently reaches over, takes my phone from me and puts it up to her ear. Now I really am confused, does see not care about her job at all? I mean, Blair and Maddie wouldn't necessarily tell anyone but you never know, and Maddie can be a bit ditzy every now and then. But Gal didn't seem to care as she became engaged in conversation with one of my best friends, or both of them as I have no doubt that Blair put her on speaker.