≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

      𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 morning and I'm listening to Maddie and Blair walking out the front door just as I've done all week. This is the worst! I feel trapped in my bedroom and my own body is against me, keeping me restrained to the bed. I know I was told to take it easy but surely I can leave the apartment, honestly, I think they're just being overprotective. So, that's why I've decided to go to school for the last half of the day, as you can see I'm compromising here. I'll go to Biology and Law and then head home where I'll convince my two bodyguard buffoons to watch a proper movie with me.

For starters I need breakfast, getting to my feet is still a challenge as is everything else and if I'm being honest the pain hasn't really settled down at all. I shuffle into the kitchen and avoid bending down— so cereal it is, I grab a bowel and the cereal box. Pouring in the cereal first (because I'm not a psychopath) I then head for the fridge for milk and— great! No milk. A sigh leaves my lips as I hang my head and run my hand down my face. What have these two been doing these last five days?

Never mind, I pour the cereal back in the box and grab an apple instead. I stand in the kitchen as I crunch on the sweet, red flesh of the fruit and gaze out the the horizontal window looking out at the city over the horizon. It's really a beautiful place, the way the sun reflects off the buildings, how the ocean's sparkle seems to travel so far you swear you can see it from this exact spot. I actually love it here... it's my home town, where I spent the majority of my life growing up and really I don't want to leave. It's bittersweet after all, but then again what place isn't?

Tossing the apple core in the bin I move on to phase two: the shower. This should be fun. Once in the bathroom I begin by running the water and getting it to the right temperature before I even think of undressing. First I take off my pyjama shorts and let me tell you, trying to get yourself out of a pair shorts without bending forward is ridiculously hard. I push the waistband down over my hips and from then on I carefully shimmy back and forth until they fall at my feet. Now it's time to tackle my shirt, I thread my arms out first and then lift it up over my head— which was more painful then expected. The pain seeming to take my breath away until my arms were back down by my sides.

Stepping into the shower was no problem, I had some trouble washing the lower areas of my body, my legs and such but as you can guess washing my hair was the trickiest of them all. I had to hunch over to get my arms up high enough to massage the shampoo and conditioner through my hair. The whole process took way longer than I wanted it to and by the time I was done showering and getting ready it was already 1.00 pm.

With little time to spare, I pull up the hood of my denim jacket and slide on a pair of sunglasses, hiding what bruises I can. Then I grab my keys and head out the door, locking it behind me, never looking back as I head to school for the first time this week.

༺═──────────────═༻

I keep my head low as I walk through the campus hallways, avoiding eye contact from everyone I cross paths with, not that they'd recognise me in a single glance anyway. As I reach the Biology classroom I realise I'm already a few minutes late, Miss Gadot is addressing the class and I have to find a way to quietly slip in— which is impossible! Centring myself I decided to just go for it, I push open the door and slowly walk inside with every single pair of eyes set on me.

"Miss Chase?" I hear to my right, Miss Gadot narrows her eyes and looks me over. Starting at examining what I'm wearing to noting the way I hide my face from view.