≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

𝐓𝐇𝐄 early morning sun shining through open windows awoke me and once opening my eyes I'm greeted with an unfamiliar room. It takes me a while to find my bearings and come to terms with where I am and, apparently, who is sleeping next to me. Her back is facing me, brown hair covering her shoulders and shielding her face but I don't need to see her to know who it is. Last night Savannah gave me directions to her home, we picked up some take-out for dinner and then when we got to her place we went up to her room. It was a study session nothing more... well until I kissed her, it was an act of defiance, a rebellious decision one where I didn't think or care, I just did.

I dig through my pocket and fish out my phone for the time, 10:20 am. Shit! I've missed my first class and now I'm late for my second. Whipping the covers off I jump out of bed, run my fingers through my hair and wake Savannah, who I've just noticed, has a hickey marking her neck. I may have drifted from her lips at some point during the night but that's where it stopped.

"Can I wear this?" I look over at Savannah and see her holding up my denim jacket. I don't have time to reason with her or explain what happened, why it happened. So I answer with a simple 'yes'.

I drive us both to school a little over the speed limit but no matter how fast we go we'll still be at least twenty minutes late. It's all a rush as we sprint from the car through the campus doors and down the hallway until we reach our classroom, where we slow down. Savannah hangs back and waits for me to open the door, all eyes turn on me as I enter first and Miss Gadot's gaze is more curious than mad— that is until Savannah walks in behind me. Her eyes move down to the visible hickey on Savannah's neck and that's when they harden.

"I'm sorry we're late. It's my fault, I was Savannah's ride." I confess standing rather tall considering the glare she currently has on her face and the hardest part is I don't know where or who it's directed at.

"Find your seats and don't let it happen again." Miss Gadot answers, her tone blunt and abrasive. Savannah moves up to the back while I find a seat with Maddie and Blair, their eyes trained on me just as Miss Gadot's are— she hasn't finished with me yet. "I'd like a word with you after class Miss Chase."

I don't know why I expected anything less, I did turn up late and more so to that I also took the blame for making another classmate late as well. Frankly, I'm lucky she's just wanting a word with me after the class has finished and nothing else.

"What the hell are you doing?" Blair's raging whisper sends a shiver down my spine and when I meet her eyes they're about the same— angry and annoyed. "Are you insane or just having a stroke?"

"I was helping her study." I respond pursing my lips, my tone just as harsh. "Nothing happened."

"She's wearing your clothes. I'm assuming your teeth and your lips made that mark." Blair's eyes narrow and now I can feel more than one set of eyes on us. "I know you're going through some stuff but you're stringing her along, you don't even like her! You're better than this!"

I don't have a response to that, not to something so honest and representing the truth, my jaw clenches— tensing with frustrated acknowledgement while Blair and I stare at each other for a lingering moment, waiting for the other to make the first move. Our focus is lost, however, Maddie reaches across me and pushes her hand into Blair's face forcing her to look away.

"Shut up! Look how jealous she is." There's a smirk on Maddie's face as she turns her head to look at our Professor and sure enough, there's a look upon her face that could register as jealousy. Her perfectly chiselled jaw rolls as she locks it together and her eyes glare across the room at Savannah, who is hunched in her seat desperately trying to concentrate.